1990 FJ62 A/C Compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does the 1990 FJ62 have a different AC Compressor than 89 or 88 models? I know the body is a different size on some of these compressors and I need to replace mine. I have searched but have not found a thread with a clear answer.

According to the TSB attached to the third post, 1990 did have a different compressor

Very helpful information. So it looks like I should be able to look at the plate where the hoses attach to get a good idea of which compressor is in my 1990 FJ62. And if I am going to retro fit the unit to 134 then I just need a different oil, right?

Very helpful information. So it looks like I should be able to look at the plate where the hoses attach to get a good idea of which compressor is in my 1990 FJ62. And if I am going to retro fit the unit to 134 then I just need a different oil, right?
You'll also need new O rings throughout the system. Given the age of the truck this is a good idea regardless, but R134A molecules are much smaller than those of R12 and require different material O rings than what came in original R12 systems in order to avoid leakage over time. HNBR is a good material compatible with both R134A and R12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom