For Sale 1990 3FE 4.0L Engine (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jason brewer

Jasonbrew
Threads
I am just putting this out for interest. I have a complete 0miles 3FE rebuilt engine lots of upgrades and already setup for an FJ40. with bulkhead adapter and modified harness wrapped with and coated correctly for a nice clean fresh install. I have some videos of it running i can post too.

I also have a fresh rebuilt (from terrain tamers kit) of a 4spd and transfer out of a 1978.

I’m in northwest Arkansas but can pallet and ship if you shipping. I have a ballpark i’m looking for but might keep.

33FB6CDC-EE79-4E49-A2D5-5E8DCB2C4BF8.jpeg
AB89C590-1BCE-42CC-9773-3A5030103934.jpeg
E724481E-ED21-41AF-8EAA-FD186EE13BD2.jpeg
C45FB667-BBDD-437D-AEFA-CBB37B06E7D2.jpeg

Just so we understand, the engine is for sale but you might keep it. How much do you want for it? If you decide to sell.

Just so we understand, the engine is for sale but you might keep it. How much do you want for it? If you decide to sell.
Yes it is for sale, if there is enough interest i will post all that has been done to it and what’s included. If i can’t get what i want i’ll keep it for down the road resto.

Are we supposed to post bids on it or something?

I have that thought almost every day....

"I think it is for sale but I really might keep it"

Welcome to Mud!!

LOL

I will post all the details tomorrow. I have all kinds of parts and such i need to start moving. My hesitation on selling is i was thinking about buying another project1, & 2 depending on what is needed i may not sell all together. someone who what’s to put a 3fe in a 40 this would be perfect!

I will post all the details tomorrow. I have all kinds of parts and such i need to start moving. My hesitation on selling is i was thinking about buying another project1, & 2 depending on what is needed i may not sell all together. someone who what’s to put a 3fe in a 40 this would be perfect!
Pm sent

Here is the deal on this engine. The longest project ever 2 house moves and time have made me shift from a 150+hp 3FE gas to a 115hp (maybe) 1PZ + 5spd. I always wanted a diesel so that itch just kept getting louder.

1) This would drop in replace a 3FE in current fj62/80 (I have some AT housing plate and flex, but thats all I have of the AT)
2) A conversion in whatever fj40/45/60 (I want to sell it as a conversion with all in.)

ENGINE:
Brand new rebuilt overhaul kit was from either SOR or Cool cruisers, I think 40 over pistons. City Motor in Dallas did the block machine work and then Pauls machine shop in NWA just rebuilt the head 2 months ago (hardened seats, valve job, surfaced). Toyota gaskets and all. New Water pump, oil pump, distro, cap, wires, all. everything you would replace. New injectors from OSIDETIGER. Runs really well.

I want to sell it as a conversion with all in. (if your easy to work with might consider a part out down the road for a drop in your fj60+) I have a custom FJ40 manifold pipe for easy exhaust. Water tight Deutsch connectors and a bulk head connector that separates the engine and cab side with ECM put in the FJ through one of the old grommet holes attaching near the glove box. Ill add more pictures later. All the Engine relays everything you need to get going. Alternator, Bell housing and flywheel I am selling with the trans. Or extra.

Shipping is on you.

$4500 (PM me)

Rebuilt long blocks range from 4500-6000 with core charge.

I also have a brand new rebuilt 4spd with transfer. make offer.

I have lots of extra parts and possibly another 3F with carb as I get things cleaned up. Extra, crank, cam, oil pan, most pulleys, couple AC units, starters, nice new weber carb, header lots of 2f/3f parts if you need something reach out.

Last edited:
Here is the deal on this engine. The longest project ever 2 house moves and time have made me shift from a 150+hp 3FE gas to a 115hp (maybe) 1PZ + 5spd. I always wanted a diesel so that itch just kept getting louder.

1) This would drop in replace a 3FE in current fj62/80 (I have some AT housing plate and flex, but thats all I have of the AT)
2) A conversion in whatever fj40/45/60 (I want to sell it as a conversion with all in.)

ENGINE:
Brand new rebuilt overhaul kit was from either SOR or Cool cruisers, I think 40 over pistons. City Motor in Dallas did the block machine work and then Pauls machine shop in NWA just rebuilt the head 2 months ago (hardened seats, valve job, surfaced). Toyota gaskets and all. New Water pump, oil pump, distro, cap, wires, all. everything you would replace. New injectors from OSIDETIGER. Runs really well.

I want to sell it as a conversion with all in. (if your easy to work with might consider a part out down the road for a drop in your fj60+) I have a custom FJ40 manifold pipe for easy exhaust. Water tight Deutsch connectors and a bulk head connector that separates the engine and cab side with ECM put in the FJ through one of the old grommet holes attaching near the glove box. Ill add more pictures later. All the Engine relays everything you need to get going. Alternator, Bell housing and flywheel I am selling with the trans. Or extra.

Shipping is on you.

$4500 (PM me)

Rebuilt long blocks range from 4500-6000 with core charge.

I also have a brand new rebuilt 4spd with transfer. make offer.

I have lots of extra parts and possibly another 3F with carb as I get things cleaned up. Extra, crank, cam, oil pan, most pulleys, couple AC units, starters, nice new weber carb, header lots of 2f/3f parts if you need something reach out.
still have the 4spd with transfer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom