For Sale 1989 HJ61 with 12H-T, 151,00 miles, $8900 USD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1989 JDM HJ61 with 12H-T, 240,000 kms/151,000 miles, asking $12,000 Canadian, or $8900 USD. I have an ad up on a site where you can see pictures and all the details. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The link is:

Any questions please feel free to post 'em.

20181026_100153.jpg

Last edited:
This is a stupid good deal.

Now you are talking about a beautiful trip, at least, if I am understanding that you're suggesting that if someone came up to buy the truck, and then swung west to Jasper, and then down south to Banff, they would have a spectacular trip. I grew up 40 minutes from Jasper in a place called Hinton, Alberta, and spent my entire youth in the mountains of Banff and Jasper National Parks. The drive from Jasper to Banff through the mountains has been voted one of the top 10 most beautiful drives in the world on some international travel magazine, and having driven it literally hundreds of times, it still takes my breath away every time I go. For anyone coming up from the south to buy the truck, on the way up to Edmonton, go through northern Idaho, drive up the road called "Rising to the sun" (I think that is what it is called), and then keep going north to Waterton National Park, another breath-taking place, then keep coming north through Calgary and finally Edmonton. (yes, Edmonton is WAY up north, although if you look at a map of Canada, Edmonton is just a small place way down south in Canada!) Although we did just get dumped on by about 5 inches of fresh snow last night......and then after someone buys my truck, drive west through Jasper and then south to Banff and wherever they have to go back to the US. It REALLY is a beautiful trip, and Alberta itself is a beautiful province, quite varied, geographically anyways, to see in Canada. And the air is pretty darn clean! Some guy here in Edmonton has a business where he goes to Banff National Park, sucks in a whole whack of air into some truck-mounted device, cans the air, and is now selling it in China! Yes, that is how fresh the air is out in the Canadian Rockies.....pretty darn awesome to say the least! Just my 2 cents worth. I know most of the whole western side of Alberta like the back of my hand having grown up there, and there is a lot to see. A lot of places that just aren't found on Internet forums.....but I've got them locked away in my brain. Did I mention that I canoed from Rocky Mountain House (in west-central Alberta) to Montreal during the summer of 1980 in a 17 foot canoe with a friend, recreating the original trip of the North West Company, from their farthest post west (Rocky Mountain House) to their headquarters in Lachine, QC, now part of Montreal? Well, that is a story for a whole other thread......not really even for this web site....but it was a fun 5000 mile canoe trip.....sigh......youth.......it's always wasted on the young!

Now you are talking about a beautiful trip, at least, if I am understanding that you're suggesting that if someone came up to buy the truck, and then swung west to Jasper, and then down south to Banff, they would have a spectacular trip. I grew up 40 minutes from Jasper in a place called Hinton, Alberta, and spent my entire youth in the mountains of Banff and Jasper National Parks. The drive from Jasper to Banff through the mountains has been voted one of the top 10 most beautiful drives in the world on some international travel magazine, and having driven it literally hundreds of times, it still takes my breath away every time I go. For anyone coming up from the south to buy the truck, on the way up to Edmonton, go through northern Idaho, drive up the road called "Rising to the sun" (I think that is what it is called), and then keep going north to Waterton National Park, another breath-taking place, then keep coming north through Calgary and finally Edmonton. (yes, Edmonton is WAY up north, although if you look at a map of Canada, Edmonton is just a small place way down south in Canada!) Although we did just get dumped on by about 5 inches of fresh snow last night......and then after someone buys my truck, drive west through Jasper and then south to Banff and wherever they have to go back to the US. It REALLY is a beautiful trip, and Alberta itself is a beautiful province, quite varied, geographically anyways, to see in Canada. And the air is pretty darn clean! Some guy here in Edmonton has a business where he goes to Banff National Park, sucks in a whole whack of air into some truck-mounted device, cans the air, and is now selling it in China! Yes, that is how fresh the air is out in the Canadian Rockies.....pretty darn awesome to say the least! Just my 2 cents worth. I know most of the whole western side of Alberta like the back of my hand having grown up there, and there is a lot to see. A lot of places that just aren't found on Internet forums.....but I've got them locked away in my brain. Did I mention that I canoed from Rocky Mountain House (in west-central Alberta) to Montreal during the summer of 1980 in a 17 foot canoe with a friend, recreating the original trip of the North West Company, from their farthest post west (Rocky Mountain House) to their headquarters in Lachine, QC, now part of Montreal? Well, that is a story for a whole other thread......not really even for this web site....but it was a fun 5000 mile canoe trip.....sigh......youth.......it's always wasted on the young!
Awesome story and info. Thx for sharing

Man...if I had the available cash you’d have just sold that truck. Have two in college starting in August so limited play cash for a period of time :). What an awesome place you’re describing. It’s been 27 years, but I’ve been all through the areas around Banff and Jasper. Absolutely beautiful. And a great deal on a truck as well!

well Jimmy...Dave, Galen, and I are all going now Ha Ha. Yep gorgeous area I was up that way in 2015, actually drove my 12ht 60 up but it only made it to Maple Creek Saskatchewan before it locked up the engine so I finished the drive in a Mazda 2 :)

Problem is, one of us has to actually BUY the truck.

Roof and gutters and frame are all good. There is one spot on the drivers' side (right-hand side) of the roof just above the gutter that has a bad rust patch in it, which I believe is documented in the pictures. It is nasty, but not through the metal - there is never any dripping or anything like that inside the truck. The roof and has a few rust spots on it, but it is just surface rust. The frame is excellent actually. There is a picture just inside the left wheel well where you can see the frame quite clearly, and it is like that everywhere on the frame. No rust holes, no delaminating of the steel, nothing that is at all bad or significant. Here in Alberta the frame has to be very good, there can be no holes in it or anything significant as it has to pass inspection in order to get your registration, so they are pretty fussy about frames. The rear hatch and tailgate are the worst for the rust, and even there it isn't to the stage of having holes in the metal. The one hole that I do know about is in the drivers' side passenger door sill, just below where the seat is in the rear. When you open the door, just where the door closes below the seat there is a hole in the metal there, about the size of a nickel. And I believe that there is a picture of that as well. I don't think I put the link to the pictures of the truck that I put up on Google Drive, so here it is:

My 1989 HJ61 VX - Google Drive

There are a bunch of them up there that give a pretty good over-view of the truck. And, if there is some spot that I have missed that someone wants to see, let me know, and I will take a few more pictures and add them to the link.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom