For Sale 1989 HJ61 - Vancouver, Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Petra is selling her truck. 1989 HJ61.

****SOLD****
****Mileage Adjust****226,000kms (140,430miles). [Was 221,000kms (138,000miles).]

This truck is ready to be your daily driver, or a platform for your long range "camping" trip. I was treating this truck as if she were keeping it forever. In other words, I was slowly adding to the truck, compiling a hoard of spare parts (spare parts removed from add with lower price), base lining the major items, and of course doing regular maintenance as it came up.

- Grey exterior and grey interior.
- Suspension Seat Bases.
- 12HT-Regular Maintenance
- A440F-Extreme Valvebody and Extreme Billet Torque Converter.
- Wholesale Automatic Transmission Temperature Gauge.
- New ATF with Lubegard Red added.
- External Tru-Cooler for transmission.
- 2.5” exhaust, with stainless Aero Turbine high flow muffler.
- Safari Snorkle.
- Lower Rad hose Coolant Heater
- T-Case-Recently rebuilt and fully splined Japanese cut gear used
- Belton Suspension, new sway bar rubbers (214,000kms), sway bars extended for the 2.5” lift.
- Greasable pins and shackles.
- New Toyota mudflaps installed when running boards removed.
- Flares removed, and plastic plugs butyled in place (no welding, no primer burn through on the
backside.
- Anti-Rust treated regularly (frame, body cavities).
- Headlight Washers.
- AC Blows Cold.
- Power Windows, Power Mirrors, and Power Locks.
- ARB front winch bumper (no winch installed).
- ARB side and step bars (steps line-x’d).
- Grey window tint on the rear 5 windows.
- 24V Fog Lights.
- 24V rear backup auxiliary light, triggered via relay by the backup light circuit.
- FF rear axle with limited slip differential- LS in good condition.
- 5 custom 3.5” back spaced Unique 16x7” white steel wheels
- 5 Cooper 255/85R16 ST’s-I would recommend replaced by this next winter.
- 20 amp 24v-12v converter.
- Security Alarm.
- Cig Lighter/Aux Power rewired to 12V output.
- Pioneer stereo, remote, iPod plug in glovebox, four Infinity speakers (bass blockers installed), and 8” self powered Bazooka Tube.
- Class 3 hitch receiver.
- Wired with 24v-12v logic box 4 pin trailer connector (tow 12V 4 pin trailers).
- Multiple tie downs nutserted to the rear pillars to assist with load tie down and lash points.
- Factory Tool Kit – Complete.
- Spare tire mounted underneath in factory location-factory mount and chain excellent condition.
- Water Pump replaced and Coolant system serviced.
- Replaced rear e-brake bell cranks, new front door glass slides.
- 143,000kms - Injectors serviced.
- 193,000kms - Knuckles rebuilt, new front wheel bearings (synth grease), rotors and calipers, new TRE’s
- 193,000kms - Rear bearings serviced, repacked (synth grease), brakes ok.

At full price comes with the following new and used parts as spares and parts for future repairs or modifications:

- Upper and lower rad hoses (new)
- Water pump bypass hose (new)
- Alternator/WP and AC Belt set (new)
- Various smaller relays (assorted and used)
- 2H/12HT Engine Manual - reprint

The bad:

- Left side shows a few dings from an offroad trip a number of years ago. The princess never took it off road again, relegating the truck to daily driving duty and family hauling. Have not attempted to fix, nor straighten.
- Needs both rear door window runs replaced (elec windows don't like heading up or down in the cold).
- Right side rear bumper damaged and fixed...but not perfect.
- The PW lock switch broke the other day, so it is repaired into the "all windows unlocked" mode, and stays that way.
- The vinyl on the rear doors is cracked in a couple spots. The fronts were worse, and they were redone a couple years ago with new material.
- (installed pads...all good) Front springs clunk when turning and its wet out. Had them on and off a few times, checking, etc. But still do it. Trying to source some teflon pads.
- Where the flares were, there are some marks. It's cosmetic, and I've never tried to do anything with them.
- The inside/outside temp display needs work. It works, when you tap it. Figure its a connection or solder crack behind the display.
- The horn for the alarm is acting up. Works intermittently (probably needs a new horn).

Contact g b o w i e (at) s h a w (dot) c a for more info.

Thanks for looking.

gb

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
'''''

Last edited:
i can verify, if Greg has looked after a vehicle then, no matter what the mileage, that truck is going to be like new.
sorry to hear Petra is getting out of Cruisers.

Thanks Wayne.

gb

Last edited:
i can verify, if Greg has looked after a vehicle then, no matter what the mileage, that truck is going to be like new.

X2. Greg and I shared shop space for over a year when I was doing projects on my '42. He knows alot about the details that only come with experience. Great guy and a great truck.

Last edited:
Parts and pictures removed from sale.

Last edited:
I have personally seen this vehicle and know the work history. Someone will be getting an excellent truck.

Cheers,

John

Crawled under and around this rig last week, SUPER nice....

Rob

Thanks for the comments folks.

The truck is 22 years old, and is not in perfect condition. It is well cared for. Petra bought it in June of 2005 from Marko of Outback Imports. I believe it's a Dec of 1989 build date, so it will not be ripe for the USA till Dec 2014.

gb

Last edited:
Removed from sale list.

Last edited:
Bump for a cool HJ 61!

Same color combo as mine.

ttt

Power steering flushed and Amsoil AFT added.

Inner frame rails sprayed with wax oils, and outside frame rails coated.

gb

Oil changed, new Toyota Oil filter. Diesel Purge injection system cleaning done, new Toyota fuel filter installed. New Toyota air filter. Greased steering linkages, driveshafts, and suspension.

Added 2H/12HT engine manual reprint.

gb

Last edited:
beautiful....

Bump...

Found some teflon pads which will be installed between the leaves when time permits over the next month.

gb

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom