1989 HJ61 "The Sergeant" (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Team! I'll be posting pictures of my HJ61 here as I add stuff into this mostly unmolested bad boy, positive/negative feedbacks are welcome. Thanks!

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4942.JPG

IMG_5033.JPG

Dude i swear that is the same one i was looking at in Japan.. haha but probably not.. That stance is damn near perfect.. you have the specs on lift, tires and the wheels size and backspacing? i am trying to figure all that out for my HJ61 i really like how yours sits and fills the fenders up..

where u located?

Dude i swear that is the same one i was looking at in Japan.. haha but probably not.. That stance is damn near perfect.. you have the specs on lift, tires and the wheels size and backspacing? i am trying to figure all that out for my HJ61 i really like how yours sits and fills the fenders up..

where u located?

I'm military stationed in the Pacific at the moment. I met the Japanese FJ60 collector and bought this from him. I'll ask him where in Japan he's from and let you know. Where in Japan did you see this?

Not sure the exact specs on the backspacing, but the rims are 15" and I replaced the old all-terrain tires that came with it with 33" muds. The truck runs OME lifts so I'm guessing 3-4" lift. It's higher than my 2.5" ICON lifts on my FJ Cruiser, that's for sure. HJ61 on the left and FJC on the right.

IMG_5035.JPG

I'll trade you my wife for that rig! Looks great in that color. The wheels are a blend of eras but t works on it. Any interior pics?

lol I'm on wife number 2 myself, tempting, but I don't think I can afford a 3rd one :)

Interior are almost entirely all original. 113,000km, so approx 70,000ish miles. Here are some pics of the inside:

IMG_5037.JPG

IMG_5038.JPG

IMG_5041.JPG

IMG_5042.JPG

IMG_5043.JPG

Dude that thing is clean. Making me jealous and I have a 61 haha. I was looking at one like that from hokkaido. Same colors and had the yellow marker lights/ tail lights. And of course that color.

Thanks for the info think I'll be looking for a 2.5 back spacing. U coming back state side anytime?

likely a 3.75" backspacing. I run the same 15" rims and 33" tires and to clear the TRE's I needed 3.75"ers

X2 .. ! no lockers ..?

Previous owner said he never took this off roading and tried to maintain the deadstock/classic look. So no lockers or any other cool stuff. Other than the lift, tires/rims, and paint, everything is pretty much deadstock. He's a collector and only used this for special occassions. Babysat in his garage and drove it mostly on pavement.

Previous owner said he never took this off roading and tried to maintain the deadstock/classic look. So no lockers or any other cool stuff. Other than the lift, tires/rims, and paint, everything is pretty much deadstock. He's a collector and only used this for special occassions. Babysat in his garage and drove it mostly on pavement.

I've said it before .... Love the color and this rig. Doesn't have to have lockers to get you where you want to go... just smart planning.

J

"No lockers or any other cool stuff"?
That 60 is cool stuff.

"No lockers or any other cool stuff"?
That 60 is cool stuff.

Thanks man. Other than some pending rust work this weekend, I don't really have any pending huge additions planned. I have my FJC for rougher trail rides, this HJ61 is mostly my weekend ride.

Previous owner said he never took this off roading and tried to maintain the deadstock/classic look. So no lockers or any other cool stuff.

let's say you have enough cool stuff on your 12H-T no less .. and about locker I was meaning factory cable lockers .. plenty came factory with that option ..

let's say you have enough cool stuff on your 12H-T no less .. and about locker I was meaning factory cable lockers .. plenty came factory with that option ..

Oh ok, I thought you guys were talking about the likes of an ARB or other aftermarket lockers. Yes, mine came with the factory cable lockers. 2 retro front/rear levers by the handbrake. Finding spare parts for these is a pain tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom