For Sale 1989 FJ62 in New Orleans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just found and bought a '99 4runner with factory 5 speed manual transmission and rear locker after a very long search, so my FJ62 needs to go and fast! Here's the rub:

1989 with 235k on the odometer. I've owned it for about a year and a half and am the 3rd owner. I've put a lot of work into it, and have a bunch of parts that I haven't installed yet that will come with it.

It's posted on Craigslist at $6000, but I'll start at $5500 for Mud members. Here is an album of project pics and I can take pictures of anything else you have questions about or want to see.

If you want to chat about it, just call or text me at 337-287-5339. Email is dave.mcguirt@gmail.com

VERY motivated seller here. I need this thing to go!

$5500 OBO for Mud and TLCA members

Pros
- NO RUST
- Interior is in excellent shape (no tears at all. The dash is cracked and could use a dash cap though)
- Monstalined interior in medium quartz gray
- No carpet, but it does have custom cut floor mats that match the gray color scheme
- Runs like a champ. I've only driven it about 3000 miles and have changed the oil twice.
- New tie rod ends
- New steering stabilizer
- New shocks
- Nearly new General Grabber AT2s (Only ~2k miles on them)
- New battery
- Custom headliner
- Moved the spare from underneath to inside. I do still have the original spare tire hanger though
- A/C blows ice cold, heater blows hell hot

What it needs
- Really the only downside to it is the body, but like I said, no rust!
- Front fenders are a little bent up. There's evidence of some preliminary body work from a PO on the DS front fender but it could use new ones on both sides
- New bumpers front and rear (You could probably straighten these out though)
- New PS rear quarter panel where the gas cap is
- the good thing about the panels that need replacing are they're easy to get and pretty affordable. The biggest project on the body will be the rear QP but it's a straightforward cut and weld situation.

Parts that come with it
- New headlights
- New Master Cylinder
- New rotors
- New calipers
- Extra neoprene rubber, carpet and wool felt that I cut the floor mats from
- Hell, I'll even throw in a 3 gallon jug of Purple Power if you want to take it off my hands

IMG_20141126_135521.jpg

Last edited:
Mid week bump.

Lowering the Mud price to $5000 OBO.

I need this thing to go, y'all!

Nice detailed pics of what you have done! Go Team Zissou! If I didn't have a wedding I'm paying for in 10 days, i take it and fix it up!

Bump for a decent deal. Glad I'm not closer or I might have to take a swing at it.

Kind of surprised it's still for sale, but... it is.

Honestly don't think I'm asking too much for it at $5k, but I think for the condition its in, the work that's been done to it, and the work that still needs to be done, it's got to be worth a solid $4500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom