SOLD 1989 Fj62 in Central Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
SOLD SOLD SOLD
I bought a FJ62 hoping it would satisfy the desire to have an fj60; It didn't. Unfortunately the guy I bought it from didn't know anything about it so I don't have maintenance records. I want to sell it so I can focus my time and money on my FJ55. I am working on fixing some things and will be updating this add as I fix things. The fix it list will shrink as the price grows.

From a rust standpoint it is a great rig. There are a couple bubbles/rust patches here and there but for a cruiser of this age it is extremely low rust based on the rigs I have seen over the past 15+ years of owning Land Cruisers. But like all to many out there, there is some rust/bubbleing over the rear wheel wells, drivers side behind the mud flap, and some on the bottom left corner of the tailgate. It does appear as though part or all of it was painted at some point in the past, the carfax shows a minor accident in 2008 and the vehicle was noted as functional.

It runs and drives well. It has the "power pack" with the power mirrors. It also has what appears to be a cruise control system in it and I do not know if that functions. It was converted to R134 at some point and blows cold. Occasionally shortly after startup the CEL will come on momentarily and the immediately go back off.

175K miles

Fix it list:
The front axle needs seals done
It needs new tires
The headlight surround on the right side has pealing chrome
The carpet is dirty
The carpet is missing off of the tailgate
The drives seat has the standard cruiser tear on the seat bottom near the edge by the door
With prices all over the place these things are really hard to figure out so feel free to make me an offer if you are serious and HAVE the $.
SOLD

I would consider trading towards a FJ60. lx450(stock), FJ Criuser(2010+ 6MT in white, tan, or black), UZJ100(no lx470), VDJ200/LX570, Tundra. I miss something small and fast so would also consider little quick cars like a G37, MR2, TT, 86, RX8, SC430.... I have cash to add and the wife's approval for any trade.

I had someone request to see all the blemishes and pictures of the undercarriage. I can get pictures of anything additional you may want, just ask. I did notice that there are some pictures that have reflections of my white motorcycle cover and the bottles on the shelf in my garage because the paint is shiny. There is also a picture showing all of the parts for the rear suspension ready to be installed. I got the front done and then we found a house we liked and are moving and I have not had time to get back out to the shop to install the rear suspension.

1989 FJ62 Rust and dents

Here is an older picture set before the front suspension was installed and before I did some body cleanup. I have cleaned up some of the exterior with wire brush and rust converter to encapsulate much of minor rust and exposed metal from the previous owner's minor body work. This was done as a preventative with the intention of going back later myself or by the new owner to do a better job if desired.

1989 FJ62

Last edited:
What’s the current mileage? Are the emissions functioning and intact? Interior photos? Photos of rust bubbles would help. Any mechanical issues or upgrades?

Thanks

Milage is 175k. The smog components seem to be there but we don't have smog testing where I am so I don't know how well it functions.

Last edited:
Do you mean the carpet is dirty or the carpet has been replaced with a layer of dirt?

Good catch! The carpet is DIRTY and the tailgate piece is missing.

Temps were I am have not been above freezing for a couple days and it is only 12 degrees outside right now so I will take some pictures in the garage. Any special requests for what people want photos of?

Sorry the rig is dirty. It has warmed up to 22 degrees outside but that is still a little too cold out to wash. If you really want washed pics I can take it through the drive through car wash.
I hope these pictures answer your questions. If you want a different picture please let me know specifically what you want a picture of. Also the oil drips on the shop floor are from my diesel 80. The previous owner had those stick on chrome wheel well no door ding things so some of the wheel wells have a stripe of old adhesive/wax about 1/2 and inch up that wipes off with some elbow grease.

PHOTOS TEMPORARILY REMOVED because I am doing some minor body and paint work, and removing that rusty tow hitch.

Last edited:
I am in SE bend. I daily drove it for a while and it drove great. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it to any US address.

Last edited:
While the clearcoat is really bad and flaky on the roof there is very little rust in the roof area. The previous owner sanded it down but didn't paint over it. I do not know for sure but if someone asked me to guess what happened I would explain that the small patches seem to be very superficial and on the side right where a gutter mounted roof rack would go. It is not inconceivable that a owner would put a roof rack on and then fail to regularly clean all of the leaves and road debris from behind the feet to prevent it from having water sit against the paint. I have added roof pictures to the shared group.

Carfax report complete and available for folks to look over.
The FJ62 was purchased new in Anniston Alabama and was there until 2010 when it came to Oregon.

here us the carfax pasted in
Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
01/25/1989 NICB Vehicle manufactured
and shipped to original dealer
01/25/1989 Sunny King Ford
Anniston, AL
256-835-1000
sunnykingford.com Vehicle sold
03/13/1989 1,012 Alabama
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Birmingham, AL
Title #10095964 Title issued or updated
First owner reported
03/30/1998 Alabama
Motor Vehicle Dept. Vehicle purchase reported
04/28/1998 90,689 Sunny King Ford
Anniston, AL
256-835-1000
sunnykingford.com Vehicle serviced
04/28/1998 Sunny King Toyota
Anniston, AL
256-835-0800
sunnykingtoyota.com Vehicle serviced
05/08/1998 Alabama
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Oxford, AL
Title #22564550 Title issued or updated
New owner reported
10/01/1998 97,873 Mark Miller Toyota
Salt Lake City, UT
801-364-2100
markmiller.com Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
06/04/2002 Alabama
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Anniston, AL Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location
01/18/2008 Alabama
Damage Report Accident reported
Involving left front impact
with another motor vehicle
Vehicle functional
05/06/2009 Alabama
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Anniston, AL
Title #40396405 Title issued or updated
Duplicate title issued
Exempt from odometer reporting
Vehicle color noted as Gray
07/19/2010 Oregon
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Hood River, OR
Title #1020052003 Title issued or updated
Registration issued or renewed
Registration updated when owner moved
07/22/2015 Oregon
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Bend, OR
Title #1020052003 Registration issued or renewed
Registration updated when owner moved
12/13/2016 174,183 Central Oregon Brakes For Less
Bend, OR
541-318-7867 Vehicle serviced
10/13/2017 Import Performance
Bend, OR
541-382-9599
importperformanceusa
.com/
Fluids checked
Radiator cap replaced
Brakes serviced
03/16/2018 Oregon
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Bend, OR
Title #1807536203 Title issued or updated
Registration issued or renewed
New owner reported

Parts are ordered and inbound including complete Ironman suspension, oil pressure gauge...
Price is adjusted and parts should be installed within a week of arrival.

So I bought a donor rig for my FJ55 and the 62 is in the garage while I work on the little things that need it. I therefore have to park my daily driver out in the snow. Make me an offer so I can stop scraping the windows on my GX.
The new oil pressure gauge is installed and works. Metal tech is taking forever to get me the complete ironman suspension but it is included at this price.

You are not going crazy. There were pics but I deleted them thinking I would take new pics when I got the stock wheels back on and the new suspension installed. Metal tech apparently had the bushings on back order and I still don't have the suspension so I don't have he new pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom