1989 fj62 Front Axle Breather Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.engusa.com
I want to build an extended breather line therefore I want more real estate to put a hose on to the breather. However I also need the bottom part of the breather to stay the same because it holds a brake line union in place.

See image of what I have.

Is there a part number that keeps the bottom part on the breather the same but on top is long a skinny like my rear breather? Rear breather does not secure a brake like.

D0C04701-C39A-43EA-A6E7-F93637265E64.jpeg

3B100F1D-2403-4AF7-A46C-B27F9B7B0FC8.jpeg

Find out what those threads are (likely BSPT equivalent) then check out McMaster Carr for possibly finding a suitable threaded hose barb.

DB964A75-C4F6-42EA-8A08-0968220846AF.jpeg

I know the thread but that image you sent is not long enough on the thread side. As it has to hold a brake line union. I’ll grab another pic of the union tomorrow. In goes through the union and screws into the axle holding the union in place

That cap on the top of the original breather fitting can be coerced off. Then the rubber flapper inside can be removed and a new hose clamp can secure the new tubing to it

That cap on the top of the original breather fitting can be coerced off. Then the rubber flapper inside can be removed and a new hose clamp can secure the new tubing to it
Yea I got that as you can see I’m my 1st picture set. Was hoping for more metal to put a hose over.

Are you sure you have a 60 axle? The front breather doesn’t hold the union. They’re on opposite sides of the axle.

In fact, the OEM front breather hose assembly is already pretty long.
Available new for very low cost as well, even includes mounting tab and hose clamp. They’re about $27 from your dealer.
This is a stock 60 front breather hose assembly installed on a FJ40.

39D41AF9-1EE8-40D9-8BC1-6F8E3FA6FA9F.jpeg

Are you sure you have a 60 axle? The front breather doesn’t hold the union. They’re on opposite sides of the axle.

In fact, the OEM front breather hose assembly is already pretty long.
Available new for very low cost as well, even includes mounting tab and hose clamp. They’re about $27 from your dealer.
This is a stock 60 front breather hose assembly installed on a FJ40.

View attachment 2809370
It’s a 1989 fj62 front axle

It’s a 1989 fj62 front axle

Someone changed stuff around on it before it got to you.
The 60 breather port makes a sharp 90. it's on the left side of the axle tube

Here are some pictures of correct original 60 front axles.

DSCN9931.jpg
FJ62-AXLES (Medium).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom