1989 fj62 CEL and other problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone I usually hang out in the 40's and 100 series. So I'm working on my friends '89. A few weeks ago the truck started feeling unusually hot on the trans shifter and floorboards. He took it into the shop he uses and they diagnosed it as a bad AFM saying it was pouring fuel in and running rich. They shop said they didn't have time to look for an AFM and told him to find one and put it on, So we searched around and finally found a used AFM at cruiserparts.net It ran normal for a week or so then started running rough and the same really hot off shifter and floor board. We ran the codes tonight and it is flashing 24 which is air intake temperature sensor. Can anyone tell me where this is located? And could this be causing our problem? I've done tons of searching and read in the FAQ for our issue. Also we are only going off of MUD and the owners manual. Where can I get a FSM for this 1989 fj62? Anywhere I can download it? Sorry for all the questions again I tried searching a lot. I'm trying to get up to speed on this truck so any help is appreciated!

Jason

Hot floor boards? Interesting. Heres what the FJ62 FSM calls to check for your code. I cant see how this would correlate with a hot floorboard without also raising the water temp drastically too, but im not sure how much relation there is between exhaust and water temps. Hows his exhaust look? Cold start injector maybe? Ive never had that issue so Im not sure how much help my guesswork is haha
dasdasd.JPG

Hey everyone I usually hang out in the 40's and 100 series. So I'm working on my friends '89. A few weeks ago the truck started feeling unusually hot on the trans shifter and floorboards. He took it into the shop he uses and they diagnosed it as a bad AFM saying it was pouring fuel in and running rich. They shop said they didn't have time to look for an AFM and told him to find one and put it on, So we searched around and finally found a used AFM at cruiserparts.net It ran normal for a week or so then started running rough and the same really hot off shifter and floor board. We ran the codes tonight and it is flashing 24 which is air intake temperature sensor. Can anyone tell me where this is located? And could this be causing our problem? I've done tons of searching and read in the FAQ for our issue. Also we are only going off of MUD and the owners manual. Where can I get a FSM for this 1989 fj62? Anywhere I can download it? Sorry for all the questions again I tried searching a lot. I'm trying to get up to speed on this truck so any help is appreciated!

Jason
Hey there, we have some FSMs on our website for free download. https://cruisercult.com/factory-service-manuals
The AFM temp sensor is built into the AFM unfortunately so you cant just replace the sensor. You have to replace the whole unit. Do the test that @ChaserFJ60 posted. :) Also it may be worth checking the wiring to the AFM as well incase that is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom