1989 Fj62 antenna replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hammer45

SILVER Star
Threads
I have disassembled the antenna and it appears that it should be fixed with a simple insert that extends and retracts on the functioning motor. Any idea if there is a simple replacement for this like the several I’ve done for the 4Runners? Those are flat and feed into gears. This is a round end that attaches to the spool. Thx.

B097D682-8301-48CA-BBE4-2079FA9E6F9B.jpeg

19912C4B-BF10-4A8C-A086-929DB0151290.jpeg

I used a Toyota replacement, I found the part # on mud. it was for an 80's car. can't remember which one. it was a long time ago back when @Onur was still at a Toyota dealership somewhere.
it is still working today

Maybe @Onur has the secret code. Seems that he usually does. I’ll keep digging in the mud then.

So this looks like the deal.
2CB7E044-C33D-4356-A4C5-97C45B25177D.png

hope I don’t hear back with “oops we don’t have those in stock.” I’ve gotten that a few times lately but I’ll keep u posted on the results. D

Maybe @Onur has the secret code. Seems that he usually does. I’ll keep digging in the mud then.
IIRCC at the time he hadn't heard of it and didn't know if it would work, I tried it and it is still working. I found the info here on mud.

For completeness sake I’ll let you know that cool cruisers of Texas came thru with this antenna and all was roses and butterflies…. Until I thought maybe I should just open this here box and grease the gears for the heck of it. While removing the c clip without the proper tool, I broke off the top of the gear not realizing that I had just broken the holy grail of 62 antenna parts. Any tips on finding one of these gears or someone to 3D print?

here is the antenna and part number.

0401FC5A-01BE-4AA5-822D-94A60554A7D3.jpeg

image.jpg

For completeness sake I’ll let you know that cool cruisers of Texas came thru with this antenna and all was roses and butterflies…. Until I thought maybe I should just open this here box and grease the gears for the heck of it. While removing the c clip without the proper tool, I broke off the top of the gear not realizing that I had just broken the holy grail of 62 antenna parts. Any tips on finding one of these gears or someone to 3D print?

here is the antenna and part number.

View attachment 2705184

View attachment 2705195
Use masking tape to build a dam around the broken area and then fill it with jb weld and sand it flush once it’s cured. You’ll need to clean the grease off everything. I bet it’ll work.

God stuff. Funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom