1989 FJ-70 Interior rear vent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

grayfj62turd

SILVER Star
Threads
My 89 FJ-70 has an black exterior fresh air vent connected with a duct to the interior. However, I can not find a piece of trim that installs on the inside rear drivers side trim board. The trim board has a cutout for the trim board vinyl and I would think a piece of trim would connect the duct to the interior. Anyone have a picture of this piece and possibly a part number? I've searched Megazip and can not find a trim piece but those figures are pretty damn small - at least they are for my eyes!

IMG_0228.jpeg
ected with a duct to the interior. However, I can not find a piece of trim that installs on the inside rear drivers side trim board. The trim board has a cutout for the vinyl and I would think a piece of trim would cover this hole and attach to the duct? Anyone have a picture of this piece and possibly a part number?

47EF60E0-7216-42B6-A96B-6884CE711C33_1_105_c.jpeg
2247CC18-926F-4449-B135-BC5B9294BAD3_1_105_c.jpeg

62951-90K00 For the rear lh side. Parts are always stated as left or right. This part number is from an 05 Troop carrier as they no longer keep parts for the year of your 70 series.
It looks the same part as the rh side.

You will need the metal clips that hold it on as well. Can't remember if they come with the new piece or not. Those things are much easier to install than to remove.

My guess is that your trim board is homebrew South American style and doesn't even have the holes. Pic example below of OEM.

door cards.JPG

You will need the metal clips that hold it on as well. Can't remember if they come with the new piece or not. Those things are much easier to install than to remove.

My guess is that your trim board is homebrew South American style and doesn't even have the holes. Pic example below of OEM.

View attachment 2766274
Home brew style for sure. Vent hole is there but no holes for vent trim tabs

Home brew style for sure. Vent hole is there but no holes for vent trim tabs

I pulled out the couple I had in a box. The P/N is 62821-90K01-B0 for both sides and readily available on ebay if you use the part number to look it up. I would go with B0 for grey color.

I would give you mine but they have broken tabs so they are useless.

grille.JPG

I put some in my 77 Series (same part) last spring, and they didn't come with the clips. Had to reuse the old ones. They are basically a press-on clip, and I pressed them on with a 7mm socket. Home depot probably has something that will work in that misc fastener bin. Barring that, some mechanics wire would probably do the job?
7ebe7d26d6d2ec5b56fa7b5370342231ffd79b41.jpg

afcdcf1783b53248070ab032859fd0d7cfbd68a9.jpg

On a side note, what color is your FJ? Is that an OEM color? Man it looks great!

==

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom