For Sale 1989 FJ 62 Stage One by Proffitt's Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling my Proffitt's Cruisers restored and upgraded 1989 FJ 62. I don't have a special reason for selling other than--the same bug that seems to affect others on this site--the simple desire to try something new. As I said when I first saw it, this FJ 62 has a very classic yet upgraded rugged look. Of course, this truck is absolutely a daily driver if that is what you want to do with it. I picked it up from Proffitt's in March 2009, and I drove it back to Minnesota from Colorado (1,100 miles). I have put approximately 7,000 miles on it since the restoration and conversion.

I've tried to price it at what I believe is a more than fair price considering all the work done, the quality of the work done, the cost to replicate this truck today, and the amount of time you'd have to wait to have a group like Proffitt's take on your project (likely 6 months or more). I have a clean Minnesota title in hand.

All of the following work was done by Proffitt's Cruisers:

Full Stage I Body Restoration
Engine: GM 5.3L Vortec V8
Engine Serial #12551358
Transmission: 4L60E Transmission
Mileage before conversion/restoration: 180,805
After conversion/restoration: 187,640

*ARB Bull Bar
*Warn XD9000 Winch
*OME 2.5" Lift Kit
*ARB Rear Locker
*Proffitt's Sliders
*Proffitt's Rear Bumper with trailer wiring
*285/75R16 (33") BFG All-Terrains
*New Exhaust
*Front Axle/Knuckle Rebuild
*Catalytic Converter (added by Midas)
*Rostra Cruise Control
*Sony CD/MP3 Player with Ipod/Aux. Jack
*Blaupunkt Underseat Subwoofer
*Tuffy Center Console
*CB Radio with antenna
*Pro Comp 1069, 16x8 polished aluminum wheels

The interior upholstery is original. I didn't do the interior restoration because the original upholstery was in such good shape (no rips or tears), and I wanted to try to keep the classic look. The one thing that was starting to not work every time is the driver's side electric window.

A bit more about my personal driving habits.

I live in Minnesota but this FJ was not driven in a Minnesota winter. After I picked it up, I stored the FJ in a garage during the winter months and did not drive it at all from October through March.

The FJ was never "wheeled" or "offroaded." I drove it to work about three days per week (again, not in the winter). And I drove it on the weekends to family lake cabins or around town. And the FJ easily cruises at 75 mph down the interstate with the cruise control on (when I first got it, I actually forgot that the bigger tires make the speed-o-meter off by about 7mph, so when the speed-o-meter said 75, I was actually going about 82mph).

My truck is currently at Proffitt's Cruisers Tooele, Utah location because I shipped it out there for Cruiser Fest. I'll try to answer any questions (though I'm no mechanic--I just think these trucks are really cool). John at Proffitt's would be willing to talk about the truck if you'd like as well.

The price for my truck is $25,000. You would spend $10,000 more than that to have one of the top restoration shops replicate this truck today. Just ask them. And it's available today, not in six months or more, with only 7,000 miles on the conversion/restoration.

I have attached a couple pictures below. Many more pictures can be found here (these were taking June 2011): Auction-Rig// FJ 62 // Land Cruiser
And more pictures: 1989 FJ62, 5.3l Vortec / 4L60E

I hope you guys like the truck and someone would like to have it in their garage. If not, I'll be keeping it (I probably should anyway).

Thanks.
IMG_2870.jpg
IMG_2874.jpg
IMG_2847.jpg

Very nice truck I would love to own but sadly can't afford another toy right now. What mph does it get city/hwy? How's the ride and handling compared to a stock 62?

Your FJ 62 is really nice!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

To answer the questions, I've never done a hand calculation of the MPG, but I suspect it's about 13/14 City and 16/17 Highway. Though most of the miles have been highway, and I usually set the cruise at about 72 mph. As far as the ride, it is fairly firm. The OME suspension is the heavy style. But it is comfortable enough to load some gear, the wife, and dog and cruise for 2 hours to some weekend destination, which is what I did.

Thanks again for looking.

Bump for the Minnesota State Fair starting. :lol:

will this pass emissions testing?

nice looking 62! :cool:

Thanks.

Minnesota does not have emissions testing like California. So, to be honest, I am not sure what is required in other states or if it would pass another state's requirements. I can tell you that the truck has a catalytic converter (and it idles nice and quiet). I know the guys a Proffitt's build rigs for California or Arizona with strict requirements, so they would have a better idea (you could talk to John at Proffitt's). And this truck is currently at Proffitt's so they (or you) could probably add mechanical items if, for example, California inspectors must see an X or Y on the vehicle regardless of the level of emissions.

She sure would look pretty in that California sun.

Holiday Weekend Bump.

Wow, should've bought this thing instead of my Tacoma...dooh! Bump for a sweet FJ 62

$25,000?! That's humorous, but good luck.

I am not sure the asking price is an issue ( actually seems fair to me) however with fuel at $3.50+ the overall cost of operation as a daily driver would be fairly painful.
Its a beautiful Cruiser however.....good luck with the sell.
.......1978HJ45

Different piece for sure. Strange in that its ready to go wheeling with tasteful mods, but when you shell out $25k, you really can't. I'd rather have a super clean bone stock one, a trail rig AND $5k in my pocket. Great rig though, I hope you get all the money for it.

Different piece for sure. Strange in that its ready to go wheeling with tasteful mods, but when you shell out $25k, you really can't. I'd rather have a super clean bone stock one, a trail rig AND $5k in my pocket. Great rig though, I hope you get all the money for it.

Don't you wheel your fjcruiser? That cost more than $25k. Good luck with the sale, these are the same mods I'm planning to make a classic cruiser more capable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom