For Sale 1989 BJ74 turbo diesel Landcruiser Like New! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This sale is for my 1989 BJ 74, this vehicle is a head turner and in fact has caused accidents by people simply ogling the vehicle while driving ! Of course it is in top shape and has the following features:
No RUST.
4 Cyl 13BT Turbo, 24 V NATO spec electrical, engine completely rebuilt. ~ 20,000 KM ago. 210K Km on vehicle.
RHD, Automatic over drive 4 speed transmission
New Cylinder sleeves, new upgraded pistons, new bearings, new seals, new valve guides etc ( Kit from Auz.)
Rebuild done by professional diesel engine rebuilder.
Grey interiour in excellent condition
24 V Factory Toyota high speed winch
Factory PTO ( not being used )
Fog lights
ARB snorkel
Rear ARB locker, with Rear full floating axels
On board ARB air with quick connects on truck
Custom front and rear heavy duty ¼ steel bumpers.
Pyrometer and turbo gauges
Dual digital voltmeters ( tracks both batteries )
30 Amp 12v by 12 V, 24 V equalizer/ 12 V inverter, supplies 12 V for accessories and keeps both batteries at equal voltage.
3000W 24V to 110V inverter
Factory Suspension seats ( best investment ever on a BJ ! )
Toyo 33” aggressive tires. On Aluminum rims, and a set of steelies
4 “ old man EMU lift kit, Heavy duty rock sliders
Reinforced under body armor.
Custom 2 piece soft top ( 1 minute to take off, 5 minutes to put on )
Factor FRP hard top. ( 30 minutes to put on with 2 people )
Full height rear doors for hard top, half height ( silver ) rear doors for soft top.
Dual fuel system, runs on filterd WVO or diesel with high quality WVO dual tank and fuel heating system.
And of course all standard features that a Toyota Land cruiser has to offer.
AC not working, but all is there to fix if wanted, ( compressor leaks )

This vehicle is presently in Ottawa Ontario and can be driven to any location in North America by owner. ( fuel charges paid in Advance )

Note as i don't seem t have a lot of pics of my truck, some may not show the actual new front bumper, but I will post something with latest pics on it. This is a truck for serious buyers only. I am asking what its worth, $ 23,000. I am selling as I want to invest in my HDJ81 to make it a full expedition cruiser.

2011-07-02 17.11.47.jpg

2011-09-18 12.20.12.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

2011-09-18 12.19.10.jpg

SNC00428.jpg

Last edited:
The soft top 1/2 height rear doors are actually from a Canadian spec BJ that I cut at the window pillar level.

Did you make yours?

I recently learned that the OEM removable upper doors are available new...pretty expensive though. I think something like $1200 for just the doors, no hardware, etc.

GLWS of this beauty. Did you do the WVO system yourself? Where did you put the spare tank?

Last edited:
This sale is for my 1989 BJ 74, this vehicle is a head turner and in fact has caused accidents by people simply ogling the vehicle while driving ! Of course it is in top shape and has the following features:
No RUST.
4 Cyl 13BT Turbo, 24 V NATO spec electrical, engine completely rebuilt. ~ 20,000 KM ago. 210K Km on vehicle.
New Cylinder sleeves, new upgraded pistons, new bearings, new seals, new valve guides etc ( Kit from Auz.)
Fog lights
ARB snorkel
30 Amp 12v by 12 V, 24 V equalizer/ 12 V inverter, supplies 12 V for accessories and keeps both batteries at equal voltage.
Full height rear doors for hard top, half height ( silver ) rear doors for soft top.
Dual fuel system, runs on filterd WVO or diesel with high quality WVO dual tank and fuel heating system.

This vehicle is presently in Ottawa Ontario and can be driven to any location in North America by owner. ( fuel charges paid in Advance )

Note as i don't seem t have a lot of pics of my truck, some may not show the actual new front bumper, but I will post something with latest pics on it. This is a truck for serious buyers only. I am asking what its worth, $ 23,000. I am selling as I want to invest in my HDJ81 to make it a full expedition cruiser.

No RUST.
Fog lights
ARB snorkel

View attachment 832932

View attachment 832933

View attachment 832934

View attachment 832935

View attachment 832936
Very nice truck, wish was still available, by any chance you sell copies of the
No RUST.
Fog lights
ARB snorkel

View attachment 832932

View attachment 832933

View attachment 832934

View attachment 832935

View attachment 832936
Hello, wish it was still available, by any chance you or the person that made the soft top, have the specs to make the same, I have an 85 BJ 73, Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom