Wanted 1988 Toyota Hilux w/ Auto Trans & Power Windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but I'm glad I found it. 11 years ago I sold my 1988 Toyota Hilux nicknamed "Roger" and have regretted it ever since. It was actually a gift from my uncle who's since passed. I tracked it down and it's been converted/messed with to try to look like the back to the future truck and so now I'm trying to find one like it was originally.

I'm going to guess this combo is pretty rare, but it was an auto, had cruise control, power windows and every other feature except the sunroof.

Here's a picture, I've come across a few 87's in blue, but very few 88's in blue. Any tips would be appreciated.

I can't figure out which "Vehicle Model" this is so apologies if it's miscategorized.

Ruidoso Fall 2005 090.jpg

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but I'm glad I found it. 11 years ago I sold my 1988 Toyota Hilux nicknamed "Roger" and have regretted it ever since. It was actually a gift from my uncle who's since passed. I tracked it down and it's been converted/messed with to try to look like the back to the future truck and so now I'm trying to find one like it was originally.

I'm going to guess this combo is pretty rare, but it was an auto, had cruise control, power windows and every other feature except the sunroof.

Here's a picture, I've come across a few 87's in blue, but very few 88's in blue. Any tips would be appreciated.

I can't figure out which "Vehicle Model" this is so apologies if it's miscategorized.

View attachment 2600831

Wow! What a beauty! What's it look like now?

Thanks, I realized what I had at the time but couldn't afford the upkeep.

Here's a picture the guy sent me of what it looks like now - I'm sure he did a great job with his mods, I was just hoping it was still in the original condition to possibly see if I could buy it back. After discussing with a car guru friend of mine, he advised not to because of the unknowns of what has been done. So here I am looking for one just like it.

Screenshot_20210211-123532_Gallery.jpg

Thanks, I realized what I had at the time but couldn't afford the upkeep.

Here's a picture the guy sent me of what it looks like now - I'm sure he did a great job with his mods, I was just hoping it was still in the original condition to possibly see if I could buy it back. After discussing with a car guru friend of mine, he advised not to because of the unknowns of what has been done. So here I am looking for one just like it.

View attachment 2602048

Honestly other then the fenders it doesn't look too bad..if I were you I'd buy it back just because it was that truck. But your car guru friend is right - no sense in turning that thing back to stock form.

Here is my blue 87, looks similar to your original, but does not have auto or power windows.

@yotadude520 sorry for the lag in response - I agree, part of me feels the same way. At this time in my life, though, that style truck doesn't work for us so would have to modify it either way.

@1987Truck22RE thanks for sharing! Messaged you and will get back to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom