1988 landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I have a 1988 Landcruiser , fuel pump is shot, but i have no bat voltage at the diag ck connector, this fuel supply sys is more complicated than normal, can the circuit opening relay cause voltage issues ? Also where is the EFI relay located? Fuses are all good

are all the fusible links off the battery good?
how do you know the pump is "shot"?
you can run 12 volts to the pump directly in the cargo area to test it, remove the carpet and the access cover
there is a connector in the driver rear quarter panel, below the jack that will corrode

are all the fusible links off the battery good?
how do you know the pump is "shot"?
you can run 12 volts to the pump directly in the cargo area to test it, remove the carpet and the access cover
there is a connector in the driver rear quarter panel, below the jack that will corrode
Hi, fuse links all good, removed pump and bench test, Im retired GM and our pumps will light a turn signal bulb at the connector to pump when cranking, i just want to ck circuit to pump, this will not light a bulb during cranking, not familiar with this old dog at all, friends SUV. After googling the fuel sys on this thing , its crazy on how they ran the circuitry, couple relays involved, looks like the Mass air sensor or air meter they call has something to do with pump operation, so if i have 12 volts at pump connector during crank the circuit is operating normally? anyhelp appreciated

This should help you
88fj62 wiring engine.gif

If no power to pump when cranking, check circuit opening relay and related wiring.
That relay gets triggered by cranking or by the air flow meter when the engine is running.

Last edited:
Hi, fuse links all good, removed pump and bench test, Im retired GM and our pumps will light a turn signal bulb at the connector to pump when cranking, i just want to ck circuit to pump, this will not light a bulb during cranking, not familiar with this old dog at all, friends SUV. After googling the fuel sys on this thing , its crazy on how they ran the circuitry, couple relays involved, looks like the Mass air sensor or air meter they call has something to do with pump operation, so if i have 12 volts at pump connector during crank the circuit is operating normally? anyhelp appreciated
Perfect, thank you, i just need to know location of EFI relay and circuit opening relay, Call me 1 248 982 0267, my Name is Ed

I’ve never had one of these relays go bad in mine. Look for wiring breaks with a trouble light. Also in back area with spare tire equipment.

I’ve never had one of these relays go bad in mine. Look for wiring breaks with a trouble light. Also in back area with spare tire equipment.
I will begin to ck relay circuits on monday, i know there is a voltage issue when i dont have power at the diag connector , Bat+ is a no go , and the relays feed this diag block

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom