For Sale 1988 HJ61 5speed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD!!!

this land cruiser is located in calgary alberta. I am the one selling it. I have a bunch more pictures on my phone of the two small rust spots on the body (about the size of a nickel on the top of the drivers side fender, and another small spot on the edge of the sunroof weather trim.) I also have some pictures of the frame and underside. there is no rust on the frame or undercarriage. if you would like to see these pictures please text me at 1-403-708-9549
also if email is your thing please email me at martyminnesma@gmail.com

also, if you live really far away but you are really interested in this cruiser, I might be willing to go on a road trip and deliver it.
Mud price of $17k

new ad link
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1024797274

new mud price of 15,000 CDN, which is only 13,400 US.

Last edited:
$_20.JPG

I am nothing but a casual observer but my guess is that your problem could summed up in 3 words.... Right hand drive. I have no doubt the truck is worth everything you're asking plus, but RHD cruisers seem to be pretty available here in the states yet have limited appeal. LHD hj61's seem to be in the 20 - 25$k range in the states though yours looks better than most I've seen. It is awesome, no doubt about it, but guys think that's a lot of money for a vehicle with a novelty factor. Find the right person who doesn't care about RHD I think it would sell fast.

Its the spray painted wheels... ;)

Nice looking clean rig otherwise. But ya, RHD..

Your not too far off on pricing. There's a commercial outfit based in Los Angeles that imports these from Japan. They currently have an 89 HJ61 with 231k KM for $15,500. So if you don't mind the RHD, you're golden.

Get some stock wheels on that thing, stat.

funny, after a few months of driving this thing i prefer the right hand drive. I don't even really notice a difference when i switch to my other vehicle anymore. I didn't think it would be that big of an issue for people. I even let my girlfriend drive it the other day for the first time and she didn't have any issues. well i suppose someone will come along eventually.

also, stock wheels are a bit hard to come by around here.

although I'm not in a huge rush to sell this thing. it seems as though I might have to take a bigger loss to see it gone than I had hoped (at 17 im already loosing a couple grand). but that's the nature of these things. so if you're interested but my price is too high for you make an offer, but try to be respectful.

also, you'll be surprised how quickly you get used to the RHD, 30min or less. seriously.

This article might help with the RHD. BTW, if you weren't in Canada I would be all over this. RHD is not an issue at all. I drive my wife's BJ71 quite a bit and will soon own a HJ61 (both purchased from Land Cruisers Direct). Once you drive a RHD you will see how quickly you adapt!

Expedition Portal article on RHD

anything wrong with what I am selling? price? I thought there would be more interest in a turbo diesel.

In my area of the states diesel prices are .70cents higher than gasoline. Gas prices are expected to go even lower. People will be pulling diesels and doing gas swaps soon enough

In my area of the states diesel prices are .70cents higher than gasoline. Gas prices are expected to go even lower. People will be pulling diesels and doing gas swaps soon enough

Really?? If you can do math diesel is still the way to go. 24 mpg vs 14 mpg will buy a lot of fuel even at higher prices. Not to mention the longevity of the diesel motor vs gas motors. Gas prices will bounce back soon enough. I'll stick with my diesel.

Again, good luck with the sale! It looks like a great truck and should go strong for at least another 225,000 km!!

thanks, it is a great truck. and diesel is only 10 cents extra per litre here, so i guess that equates to 38 cents per american gallon. still worth it though in my opinion.
that being said, i need to get a pickup truck for my work sooner than later. I might consider a price drop if you make selling it easy for me by coming to my door with cash. make me an offer.

Doubtful ..... In Southern Georgia the difference between gasoline and diesel is roughly .25 - .30 cent and I'm averaging
20-22 mpg with my diesel. No engine swaps in my future.

Bugsnbikes: the math is not in your favor. Assume diesel prices 70 cents higher than gas - say gas of $3, diesel $3.70. Give a very generous 15mpg to the gas motor (wishful thinking for most 2f's) and a dismal 20mpg to my 3b.(my limited experience is around 24) but maybe realistic for a 12ht.

1000 miles the gas cost is $200
The diesel $185.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom