1988 FJ70 heater question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone.
I am considering picking up a 1988 FL70 in southern Fl and bring it to Ohio. I was told it was imported from Venezuela. The seller told me it does not have a heater. I do not know what that means. But let's assume it doesn't have a heater core nor does it have any of the provisions for it. What's all involved in putting a heater core in an FJ70?
It does have AC and it works well.

Please move if this does not below here.
Thank you
EB.

You will have to take the dash apart to the main wiring harness which is all of the dash to the firewall.

You will have to cut two holes in the firewall.

You will have to source all the parts to install a heater, close to $1000 from Toyota. This includes having to change your controls and face plate.

Pictures and info on installing a heater in a non-heater equipped Cruiser can be found in my build thread, PZJ70 build-refurbish.

Cheers

You will have to take the dash apart to the main wiring harness which is all of the dash to the firewall.

You will have to cut two holes in the firewall.

You will have to source all the parts to install a heater, close to $1000 from Toyota. This includes having to change your controls and face plate.

Pictures and info on installing a heater in a non-heater equipped Cruiser can be found in my build thread, PZJ70 build-refurbish.

Cheers
Thank you
Unfortunately, seller did not take my offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom