1988 FJ62 without power interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have what I can only assume is an early model FJ62, that does not have power door locks, windows, etc. I like it much better, less stuff to go wrong.

Anyone out there know if anything else is different on a very early model truck?

I've had it 6 months or so, it is really clean with only 146k on the clock. Was cleaning it up to flip, but may keep and do a mild build on it.

Sweet truck. A dog on the hills, though! I've had several 60s, but first 62.

Wow, is this a legit fj62? Square headlights, right dash, 3FE? Or would it be a Fj60 with some fj62 parts (square headlights, and a 3FE conversion) Is the dash the same as the fj62 or do you have the double din radio slot and a rear heater that is part of the middle console? Do you have any pics? This is a cool find if indeed it is legit! I would love to see it! It has got to be pretty rare I assume?

I had an 88 at that was all manual as well. Long since sold, but aside from the rust, t was a nice truck. You going away from the rovers I can only assume??? You may remember me at the leopard print disco guy :D

It's not an early year thing, it's a which option boxes got checked thing IMHO. I had a '89 that was manual windows and locks... If you really want your FJ62 to be that way just swap in the windows, door cards and locks from a FJ60. ;)

Nick

Last edited:
88 fj62 all manual windows and locks... It spent a good bit of time in the south I think, I found 1500 pesos when I pulled out the carpet.. I do like manual for reliability, but power is nice too..

I saw an FJ62 in the junkyard like that a while back. I snagged some good parts off it. Living in my interior now :)

Some of them were made that way. I wouldn't mind having electric locks and windows though. My friends would complain to me less. Oh well. Screw 'em :D

My fj62 has no electrics in the doors or anything and has wind up windows and has the quarter glass in the front windows

Mine is all manual interior as well, it's a December 1987 build. Also has no rear shoulder belts (until I put them in this spring). I like it for the simplicity.

Ohh and mine it an April 1988

One of ours is all manual, great truck. Hills no problem. Mike

My '88 has a manual interior. I'd have to check the build date. Yes, it should have come from the factory with the 5-speed manual.

Mine is the same. I read that every fj62 came with power windows and locks unless you chose the "poverty package". its nice to never deal with electronic issues, but at times I wish I had the power windows. Build was an Oct. '87

Does any of you guys have ambulance doors

Non-USA doors. Tail gate is better, just try a surburban. Mike

Michael Hanson said:
Non-USA doors. Tail gate is better, just try a surburban. Mike

I have the ambi doors and I absolutely love them and I have had a tailgate 60 before which sometimes ended up just being a pain

Has the auto tranny, standard tailgate, everything else seems to be typical FJ62 stuff. I'm liking the "poverty package"...

Will adjust the transmission kickdown cable to see if it helps with power on hills. Should help some.

Adams- Still have the Disco and Series truck, sold the FZJ80 a year or so ago. Selling the Series truck, not sure about Disco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom