For Sale 1988 FJ62. San Luis Obispo, CA. $5,200 obo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1988 FJ62. San Luis Obispo, CA. $4,800 obo

1988 Land Cruiser FJ62
For Sale - $4800​

Details:
I’m the second owner. I purchased the rig in 2007 from a family friend who took excellent care of it. I drive from Hood River, OR to San Luis Obispo, CA and back every year (about 1,000 miles each way) and have never had any problems during the trips. It really does CRUISE at freeway speeds.
The previous owner held onto the car for as long as possible. It sat in the garage for several years before I bought it. He had the car for a long time and grew attached and maintained it accordingly. I offered to buy the car when it wasn’t even for sale and he said no but a year later he called me up and was willing to part with it.

Rig is registered in Oregon but is currently in San Luis Obispo, CA. I haven’t had it smogged recently but the previous owner had it tested in 1996 and it passed in California.

Miles: 222,393

Automatic Transmission (I’m told it’s the same transmission Toyota put in their dump-trucks, a testament to its durability)

4-Wheel_Drive works like a charm. I haven’t utilized this rigs capabilities, I’ve never taken it off road except for the occasional drive on the beach (always rinsed with fresh water after)

Aftermarket front and rear bumpers

2” lift [4/2002 2” lift leaf springs, Specter Off-Road ($838)]

Yakima Roof rack included ($229)

Interior
Interior is in decent condition. Dash is perfect (no cracks or scratches). Seats are in good condition, slightly stained from years of use but still comfortable. Headliner is in good condition. No annoying vibrations. Original toolset, manual, repair manual. AC and heater both work well.

Exterior
Overall this rig is in good condition. Of course it has some bumps and bruises, as a car its age should. There is some slight rust on the wheel-wells but that’s pretty much it. The paint on the passenger side font panel is peeling from a bad paint job many years ago. It hasn’t gotten any worse since I’ve owned it and the previous owner said it hadn’t gotten any worse the last few years he had it. Two years ago a truck with a bed-mounted camper hit the driver-side back end and caused a palm-size dent. It isn’t very noticeable and I covered a small amount of exposed metal up with some rust-o-leum. Also during the accident the driver side, rear turn signal (not blinker) was broken and I haven’t replaced it. The rear windshield wiper fell off during a snowstorm a few years ago and I haven’t replaced it, or needed it to be honest. But like I said, overall the car is in good condition and the little things are not noticeable unless you go hunting.

Engine/Brakes
This rig has never let me down. It starts every time without hesitation. Runs strong. It will climb any hill you ask it to and go anywhere you want. The rig has slight leaks. I just check the oil when I fill up and maybe once every couple months check the levels of the other fluids. The leaks are very minor and require minimal attention.

Work I’ve had done since purchase in 2007:

4/7/10: Brakes (new front rotors, pads, re-pack bearings, bearing seals)
New brake master cylinder (OEM part)
*Work done by Asian Auto: Home Page
8/28/07: New Class III hitch installed. ($269)
*XTC Truck & Toy: Home
11/16/07: New rear brake drums
*Econo Lube N’ Tune
9/11/07: New fuel pump (inside tank)
*Work done by Asian Auto: Home Page

I have records for the cruiser going back to 1996.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the rig. Just don’t bring up Kelly Blue Book values because as any land cruiser enthusiast knows they don’t apply to these cars.

Email: sager.design@gmail.com
Cell: 541 399 2919

MORE PICTURES: Pictures by jsager-photo - Photobucket

Thanks! -Joe​
IMG_6866.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom