For Sale 1988 FJ62 Red - Tallahassee, FL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It has come to a point where I have to part with a treasured possession. Quite frankly, I am running out of storage and there is just not enough time to enjoy it. I have several other land cruisers and there is likely another one on the horizon.

This is a 1988 FJ62 in Freeborn Red. It is basically stock with the exception of a newly installed Terrain Tamer suspension and 33 x 10.50 BFG KO2 AT tires. This is a 62 series so it has an automatic transmission and power windows and locks. I have all of my land cruisers worked on by Rob Smith (oddironoffroad.com) in Thomasville, GA. He has been through this truck and kept it in wonderful running condition.

The biggest negative is the truck does not have factory AC. I wanted a red 62 for quite a while and finally found this one in Portland, Oregon. I knew it had great bones so I bought it unseen on the spot. Have seen very very few non-AC 62's so did not even think about asking. Oh well, I've thought about adding a factory system to it but I've been fine with the window down and vent blowing. It's not my primary vehicle so I usually ride with the windows down.

The truck has 179,000 miles on it. I bought it with 173,000 on it and put 6,000 miles on it over the course of 18 months. Here are the things that have been done to it while I've owned it:
  • Terrain Tamer suspension (complete shocks, etc)
  • Terrain Tamer front knuckle rebuild
  • Brakes (front and rear) and new stainless brake lines
  • Professional desmog
  • New exhaust (sounds great)
  • New shifter bushings
  • Transmission serviced (we were going to install a 1HZ in this truck so we had the transmission checked out to confirm it was in great condition. It was but I ultimately bought another rig for that engine)
  • New Odyssey battery
The truck is one of the cleanest I have ever seen. The frame looks excellent and the body is rust free (except for spot on rear tailgate seen in photo). The interior is very nice and original. Dash is crack free and so are the door panels. I even have the original Toyota tool kit.

Everything (except rear wiper motor) works on the truck. This includes the power windows, door locks, and even the power antenna.

The paint appears to be all original. It has some rock chips consistent with age. I have included some photos for your inspection. It shines and looks really good. I've thought about getting it painted but it never seemed worth it and I was worried it may diminish the vintage look.

Feel free to reach to me with any questions. I am asking $18,900 for the truck. I have more than that invested and feel good about the price. This truck is very well sorted and would be excellent for someone on the East coast looking for a clean truck. PM if interested and we can speak.

IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

one heck of a nice 62.

I am the new proud owner of this FJ62. It is my first, but as with many of you probably not my last. I am in North Central VT. It will be used spring, summer and fall and garaged during the winter in order to keep it in the great, rust free condition its in now. My daily commute into Montpelier, VT to work is 15 miles on dirt roads with two miles of pavement and one stop sign. So far it seems like it was meant to cruise these dirt roads. This 1988 FJ is from the year I graduated high school so is represents something special from my younger days. Now its my job to take care of this rig as prior owners have done and enjoy it. Thanks to JMLockwood for the sale. Some fall foliage pics to follow in the weeks to come.

I'm thrilled to know the truck is in good hands. Glad it made it up there safe and sound. Let me know if you need anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom