1988 FJ62 Rear Retractable Seatbelt Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 88 model that I added in 3 point retractable belts in the rear. I ordered them from seatbelt planet and they fit great with the exception of the retractor. I think 88 models are the only ones with this problem. A member mentioned that A cavity in the pillar is needed to accommodate the belt retractor and it was not in the 62 design until late '89 models. I've been searching for that trim piece, but can't seem to find it. I think I may need to look for that trim piece off of an 89 or 90 and cut my trim to fit.

Would love to see some pics of an 88 owner that has added in these rear 3 point retractables. Curious how they mounted the retractors at the bottom of the A pillar. I've seen some folks with FJ60's that cut out the outline of the retractor and tried to keep it flush. I got lucky and had the threaded bolt hole in the A pillar. Just need to figure out that retractor piece. Appreciate the assist.

There’s another live thread on this subject right now. Check out this link. Good resource for the project! Our trucks have threaded bolt holes behind the fabric...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom