1988 FJ62 need front locker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off let me apologize for lack of knowledge I am learning. I have replaced my a440f w/o replacing the RMS I thought I could replace the RMS by dropping the oil-pan. :meh: I still have to do the seal.
I bought a new set of wheels and tires, they are now covered in crap bearing grease and gear oil. Now that my wheels are stained I have started a knuckle rebuild. I have cleaned all the crud off of all the parts.

CIMG0292.jpg CIMG0308.jpg

I think I am going to go w/ Lock Rite?
who is the best supplier for the lockers... I have a 9.5 30 spline
Thanks In advance
CIMG0292.jpg
CIMG0308.jpg

Last edited:
an aussie locker is what i run in the front of my rig tho i did run it our back for a little over a year then moved it up front when i got my detroit.
Aussie Lockers: Toyota T-100 Pick -Up Tacoma 4x2 Tacoma 4x4 4Runner Land Cruiser SUV Pick-up Tundra

but honestly i would do a locker out back first as it will yeild much better capability. when climbing a hill the weight transfers to the rear of the vehicle onto the rear axle and would provide more traction than if one was installed up front.

but its your call you already pulled the front third out and to install the front locker you have to pull the third since there isnt a removable diff cover and that means everything from the birfs also has to come off. but you already know this as you are in the process of doin it.

the rear is easy remove diff cover remove wheels pop out c clips slide axles out some and your halfway there.

ARB's 4wheelparts.com. you will love the selectibility out on the trails plus you wont lose any steering

call 4wheel parts here in charlotte. They are on South Blvd. Ask For Kyle, if he is not there ask for Aaron. They have best prices hands down.
Tarheel is ok but if its not a jeep, you have to know exactly what you want because they are pretty lazy and unhelpful.

Do NOT install a locker up front if you do not have Longfields up front and if you ever plan on running larger tires.....the best spot is in the rear as already stated.

Thanks for the info. I will have to wait on the locker upfront $$ is not as plentiful as need be. I will put the front back together and tear the rear apart and install the locker in the rear as it is time to rebuilt it too.
Are their any kits for the rear of the 62, bearings seals? Thanks

rear axle not realy a "kit" just need ya 2 axle bearings and 2 seals and your pretty much good to go. usually the bearings are ok but if your there and it hasnt been done for 150k might as well do em.

then if you wanna pull the third and the diff cover 2 gaskets thats all super easy job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom