For Sale 1988 FJ62, LS/NV4500 conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
For sale 2nd owner, rust free and accident free, garage kept Arizona 1988 FJ62. I bought this LC about 17 years ago from the original owner who lived in Phoenix. It sat in my garage for about 10 years as I collected parts. Life and other projects seemed to always get in the way.

This FJ is stock original except for the LQ9 (LS) out of a 2005 Escalade that met a untimely demise with only 1500 (verified) miles on the engine. The transmission is a NEW (not rebuilt) '02 NV4500 that I stumbled upon. It attaches to the original split case TC that has all new TOYOTA gears, bearings and everything else.

The AC was converted to R134 with factory new evaporator, expansion valve and high/low switch, new barrier hoses, Sanden compressor and upgraded condenser. The engine uses the stock cooling fan w/clutch, two core Griffin Radiator and custom two piece fan shroud. Idles in this hot texas weather with the AC on with NO, repeat NO engine cooling issues.

The steering uses the factory GM pump calibrated for the stock FJ 62 box and incorporates a LARGE P/S external air to oil heat exchanger. Alternator is stock GM modified to work with the stock Toyota charging circuit. All of the factory Gage's, dash lights and 4 wheel drive systems operate as an original FJ62 should.

Many folks think that you can not install a NV4500 with an LS in a 60 series and have it fit properly. This one fits in the proper location with out any firewall or floor pan modifications. Rear cross member an front engine mounts are over engineered and far beyond what you would expect using factory GM mounts which properly support the engine while strengthening the unmodified frame.

Exhaust uses 2013 corvette manifolds flowing thru 2.5 stainless pipe exiting out thru a 3" stainless pipe in the rear. Fuel management is controlled by Holley EFI self tuning management system.

Most of you would have noticed the front grill and light surrounds are not FJ 62. I converted the front grill to the FJ60 with all new NOS grill, surrounds, ect. The rims are factory Tundra wheels. Interior is brown which is in great shape with all the windows, locks and even the factory stereo works (antenna also). dash shows no cracking except slightly around the front speaker. I can through in a factory NOS dash for some extra cash if you want perfection.

This vehicle is amazing to drive, very comfortable, reliable and does not beat you up over long drives.

there is too much to say about this cool ride. If you are serious and want to talk please give me a call @ 513-807-0294 Dave

Asking $35k

Fj62.jpg

IMG_3447.jpg

IMG_3448.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

Last edited:
Additional PIC

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

Last edited: