SOLD 1988 FJ62 H55F Tampa Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
Up for sale is my baby of a FJ62. This truck has been babied and cared for like one of the children. She is garage kept and has been for the 5 or so years that I've owned her. In that time there has been no expense spared in fixing and upgrading her. She has no leaks and every seal has been replaced within the last 1800 miles. I purchased her from another member and drove her from Denver to St. Louis where all of the work was completed. She's an honest running daily driver with excellent mechanicals everywhere and an okay body. She starts immediately every time and is ready to be driven across country today...nothing is needed. I'll try to run through everything I've done to her. Here are the details:

1988 FJ62 with 262,XXX miles.
  1. H55F - New crate transmission direct from Toyota - 432 miles since professional installation. All parts for the swap are original Toyota - have all the receipts. Pretty much everything that made sense to be rebuilt and or replaced at the time of the swap was done. New clutch, transfer case rebuild, etc. Done right and works perfectly. Makes the truck super reliable and a blast to drive
  2. New Clutch - Kit, Slave Cylinder, Master Cylinder and Soft Line - Toyota OEM from Land Cruiser Parts and Consulting - 432 miles
  3. Terrain Tamer Transfer Case Rebuild - Land Cruise Parts and Consulting - 432 miles
  4. Cruiser Crap Shift Ball - 432 miles
  5. ARB Air Lockers - front and rear - 820 miles - professionally installed
  6. ARB Dual Chamber Compressor - 820 miles - professionally installed
  7. New Gears - 820 miles - professionally installed - speedo is accurate with larger tires
  8. SPOD - with switches (Custom installed in Tuffy Console)
  9. Tuffy console with custom mount switches for SPOD
  10. All interior and dash lights upgraded to LED
  11. Welded on Rock Sliders
  12. New Mickey Thompson Tires - 1100 miles
  13. New Brakes - 1100 miles
  14. New Fuel Injectors
  15. Nuckles Rebuilt - 1100 miles
  16. New main seal 432 miles
  17. Dual battery system with automatic charging relay - 550 miles since installation - best of everything here - stainless steel trays - 4/0 cable
  18. New re-conditioned A/C compressor - professionally installed - 820 miles since replacement
  19. New radiator - professional installed
  20. New belts and hoses
  21. New T-Stat
  22. Roof Rack - included but not in pictures (Won't fit in garage with it on)
  23. Kenwood Touchscreen Stereo
  24. Back-Up Camera
  25. Hybrid Audio Technologies Speakers - stock locations
  26. Hidden Amps
  27. Dual sub-woofers in custom box
  28. Incredible original condition FJ60 Doors and front quarters (no rust) are included with the sale - next upgrade planned
  29. All original parts removed or replaced are included in the sale
  30. I'll leave off all the other upgrades you can see in the pictures like the bumpers, winch, lift kit, etc.

The not so good:
  1. There are some little rust spots around the rear vents and a couple of other little spots. This would be my next project, but since the move to Florida, building a boat has become the priority.
  2. The windows are slow and the switches are some times sketchy
  3. Needs Carpet - I haven't gotten around to replacing the carpet. There are plenty of kits out there, but especially since there is a hole where the auto used to be...it would make a huge difference.
  4. Seat covers are okay, but the driver side has a tear as seen in the pictures.
I'm sure, there are a bunch of upgrades that haven't been mentioned and I'll try to update the post as I remember them. Regardless, I have about $33K invested in the truck and realize that I'll take a big hit on it, but hobbies are expensive. I never planned to sell but priorities shift, so my loss is your gain. I have the title free and clear so it should be a hassle free sale. Please feel free to contact me with questions. PM me and I'll send my mobile number and we can go for there. Asking price for the truck is $22,900 OBO and it is located in Tampa Florida.

Exterior Passenger Side 3.jpg
Exterior Driver Side1.jpg
Exterior Passenger 3.jpg
Exterior Front Passenger Quarter 3.jpg
Exterior Front Quarter 2.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the frame at the request of another member. The last picture is of the new transmission...just because :).
Frame Image 1.jpg
Frame Image 2.jpg
Frame Image 3.jpg
New Trans.jpg

Beautiful truck, a little too expensive for me right now, but I will keep an eye on this thread.

At the request of several members I will post pictures of the rust spots tonight as soon as I’m home from work. For clarity, the bumpers, winch and everything shown in the pictures comes with the truck including a roof rack that is not currently installed. In addition (4) excellent condition doors and both front quarters from a FJ60 come with the truck (also not pictured).

Here are some more photos of the under-carriage at the request of a couple of other members, including the welds to the frame of the rock sliders.
0475EDA6-3692-4AC6-A0A1-15D3E5C9BF0B.jpeg
C6BFA799-DBA9-4587-97B3-2BF882F28A35.jpeg
3A6AB245-81A6-4ABA-87F0-EEF09DFD3CD7.jpeg
2BED8D34-077A-4397-AEC0-4E687DB2C475.jpeg
63B75A02-385A-4890-BA84-FE1BF202C527.jpeg

The truck is under deposit, so off the market pending final sale. Thank you for all of the interest and compliments on her. She’ll be sorely missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom