1988 Fj62 cold start timer switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, What are the replacement options ? Mine is dead and the cruiser won't hardly start . Wife getting impatient. Thanks, Mike

Thanks, It's the part no. There are car quest,airtex And wells all part nos. are no longer good.Early 1988 had a beige plastic connector. The part on eBay is for later fj62s and I have two new ones in the garage, they don't fit. Mike

Hi, Am I right that the timer is the ground provider for the cold start? Mike

From the schematic I think you are correct in assuming that.

upload_2019-1-18_7-47-49.png

@beno may know where to procure one.

Apparently these were only on very early fj62s .8- 87 to 7 of 88. Mike

Part no. From Toyota 89462-20010. No longer available. I think Tama was an original equipment supplier if I can find a part no. This has not been fun to look for. Mike

Not sure on the manufacture date of our 88 62, but it definitely has a CSI and timer switch.

The switch is brown. I had an issue with my tdtat housing so when I pulled it I grabbed a photo (for another reason) of the switch - comparing it to a 4age CSI switch (identical) from a Corolla or Mr2.

I would be highly surprised if this is a LC only part (if different than what mine has). The switch might also only vary in the connector - just find a more common switch/connector and swap (just 2 wires).

20181227_210625.jpg

Glad to see this thread. Im in the same boat. Out of curiosity how/when does this system work? Cold start as in first start of the day or as in <50deg or none of the above??

Glad to see this thread. Im in the same boat. Out of curiosity how/when does this system work? Cold start as in first start of the day or as in <50deg or none of the above??
Correct, I believe it tells the cold start injector to fire when the temp is below 59 degrees.

A later sender works; just need to get the right connector from a later harness

A later sender works; just need to get the right connector from a later harness
Thanks, yeah I did see that. It just would have been nice to find a plug and play option without having to find a later style terminal as well and splice wires.

You can’t always get whatchu want...

Thanks, yeah I did see that. It just would have been nice to find a plug and play option without having to find a later style terminal as well and splice wires.
Post in the Wanted section, good used connector housings can be found here on MUD, and the wires/terminals can be easily removed and switched over to replacement housings. I've done a lot of switching over on my '71 FJ40 build - no need to splice wires.

See my Post #6 here:

Post in the Wanted section, good used connector housings can be found here on MUD, and the wires/terminals can be easily removed and switched over to replacement housings. I've done a lot of switching over on my '71 FJ40 build - no need to splice wires.
I didn't think about switching the pins! Great idea. I need to invest in some little picks for those jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom