SOLD 1988 - FJ62 - 180k miles - Daily Driver (Northeast FL) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
The time has come to sell our FJ62...

FJ62-for-sale.jpg

I'm located just outside Jacksonville, FL

EDIT 12/11/2020: SOLD!

About the truck:

I bought it 2.5 years ago with a bad motor. Swapped in a motor with similar mileage to the truck (was told "about 160k"), and then did a bunch of maintenance and upgrades (front axle rebuild/seals, all new polyurethane bushings, OME greaseable shackles, add-a-leaf, etc...). Added 32x11.50 KO2 tires on 15x8 wheels, aluminum radiator, KillMat (sound deadening) on the entire floor, tinted the windows 35%, EDIT: Added keyless entry, etc...

Has been my wife's daily driver ever since. Honestly, I thought she would tire of it after 6 months and we'd sell it at that point, but she grew to love it! However, we recently picked up an older LS460 for the gas mileage, creature comforts, airbags, and all that stuff.

FJ62 build thread here: Maintenance and upgrades on our "new" FJ62...

Bunch of hi-res pics on Google Drive: FJ62 For Sale - Google Drive

I think the build thread will give you all the history you need, and the pics will fill in the rest.

The good:

- Low miles

- Everything works

- Tastefully upgraded, but close to stock

The bad:

- Minor rust on the body (a little in the rockers, and small spots on the rear wheel arches)
(All shown in the pics on Google Drive, linked above)

- Couple rock chips in the windshield

- Paint is a quickie single stage paint job, done maybe 7-8 years ago, and doesn't shine up very well any more

- There's a bearing "whirrrrr" at low speeds, from somewhere in the drivetrain.
Started maybe 18 months ago, hasn't gotten any worse. My best guess: Input shaft on the transmission. Really not sure. However, it's also not enough of a concern to really dig into it, but I'm trying to be 100% upfront with any potential buyer.

All that said, I think $9k is really fair, considering today's market.

Best way to contact me would be here (PM) or e-mail: orion240sx <at> gmail.com

Thanks for looking.

- Brian

Last edited:
The time has come to sell our FJ62...

View attachment 2504586

I'm located just outside Jacksonville, FL

Asking $9,000

About the truck:

I bought it 2.5 years ago with a bad motor. Swapped in a motor with similar mileage to the truck (was told "about 160k"), and then did a bunch of maintenance and upgrades (front axle rebuild/seals, all new polyurethane bushings, OME greaseable shackles, add-a-leaf, etc...). Added 32x11.50 KO2 tires on 15x8 wheels, aluminum radiator, KillMat (sound deadening) on the entire floor, tinted the windows 35%, etc...etc...

Has been my wife's daily driver ever since. Honestly, I thought she would tire of it after 6 months and we'd sell it at that point, but she grew to love it! However, we recently picked up an older LS460 for the gas mileage, creature comforts, airbags, and all that stuff.

FJ62 build thread here: Maintenance and upgrades on our "new" FJ62...

Bunch of hi-res pics on Google Drive: FJ62 For Sale - Google Drive

I think the build thread will give you all the history you need, and the pics will fill in the rest.

The good:

- Low miles

- Everything works

- Tastefully upgraded, but close to stock

The bad:

- Minor rust on the body (a little in the rockers, and small spots on the rear wheel arches)
(All shown in the pics on Google Drive, linked above)

- Couple rock chips in the windshield

- Paint is a quickie single stage paint job, done maybe 7-8 years ago, and doesn't shine up very well any more

- There's a bearing "whirrrrr" at low speeds, from somewhere in the drivetrain.
Started maybe 18 months ago, hasn't gotten any worse. My best guess: Input shaft on the transmission. Really not sure. However, it's also not enough of a concern to really dig into it, but I'm trying to be 100% upfront with any potential buyer.

All that said, I think $9k is really fair, considering today's market.

Best way to contact me would be here (PM) or e-mail: orion240sx <at> gmail.com

Thanks for looking.

- Brian
Pm sent!

Both PM's replied to.

EDIT: Forgot to include above: A small annoyance - The key will come out of the ignition when it's running. Again, not a big deal IMO...but I'm trying for full disclosure.

- Brian

Last edited:
Both PM's replied to.

EDIT: Forgot to include above: A small annoyance - The key will come out of the ignition when it's running. Again, not a big deal IMO...but I'm trying for full disclosure.

- Brian

It's possible that it's because the key is worn out. I had this happen on my 40 but when I had a fresh key made (not copied) the problem went away.

Pms replied to, and I've called those of you who sent a phone number.

Thanks for all the interest.

- Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom