For Sale 1988 FJ62, 154,000 Miles, North Carolina (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mud,
Unfortunately, I'm selling my '88 FJ62. I bought it six months ago but have to get rid of it because I'm in the Army and duty call, so to speak. Mechanically, this thing is in impressive shape with only 154,200ish miles on it. The frame is rusty and parts of the body have some good rust on them as well, especially the left rear quarter panel above the wheel well. I created a plan of attack for this thing to get her in tip top shape and got through the tune-up and new exhaust up to this point. I also scraped the surface rust off of most of the frame and cleaned the engine and underbody. I was going to get it sand blasted and coated. There are no areas where the rust has eaten through the metal on the frame. Can't say the same about the body. As far as leaks, there is only a transmission pan leak, which I just haven't got around to taking care of yet, but I have the gasket. Otherwise, I've done the following:

• Replaced plugs and wires, checked distro cap and rotor for flaws (They seem pretty new)
  • Changed oil, diff, and transfer fluids
  • Had the local muffler master weld on a new exhaust from the stainless steel part just aft of the driver seat, all the way back to the tail pipe. It was rusted out and just needed to be done. It runs even better since that was changed.
Brakes are good, A/C is ice cold, and all of the power windows/doors work perfectly. There is a CD player installed.
Just ask for more information. I'm asking $5,000 for it. I'm in Fayetteville, NC.

IMG_2221.JPG
IMG_2215.JPG
IMG_2218.JPG
IMG_2219.JPG
IMG_2220.JPG

No issues. I had the resident cruiser guy here in Raeford, Darin of Canucks Cruisers, look it over and he gave it an overall clean bill of health. Mechanically, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It runs great. It has a trans pan gasket leak, but a drain and fill and gasket replacement would be an easy fix. I keep it full of transmission fluid so no issues there. The rust is the only thing keeping it from being in great shape.

Still available, so make me a reasonable offer. I'm asking 5,000 because that's what I have in it, but am willing to negotiate. Let me know!

You are making it very tempting at that price, the rust is the only thing holding me back, and I am talking about the door one, is it trough or just surface?

It's through, unfortunately. On a better note, just fixed the trans pan gasket leak. Changed the old fluid out with valvoline max life full synthetic.

I still have it. I would honestly drive it cross country today with no hesitation. I'll just need to ensure the spare tire is inflated and serviceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom