For Sale 1988 bj74 trail ready (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally time to part with my 1988 bj74. It has been a weekend driver for me and I have kept it in the garage. It has a small leak between the xfer case and transmission. It has a footprint the size of a quarter after it sits for a week. Some rust bubbles appearing around the wheel wells. Transmission shifts well. The previous owner never disconnected the annoying safety beep that goes off when you drive over 62 miles (100kms) per hour so it has not been driven constantly on the freeway over that speed.

Previously serviced at EBI cruisers in B.C.

JDM stainless bull bar has been professionally installed and Hella Fog lights are mounted in the center of the bar.

175k miles
13bt turbo diesel engine
Very new Old Man Emu lift and suspension upgrades (a couple leaf springs still have the original sticker on them)
Very new Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's with little use
New custom 2 1/2 exhaust sounds wonderful
Safari snorkel with 2 heads (pre cleaner and standard head)
K&N air filter
New front brakes
12-24v converter for the stereo and trailer wiring
Trailer hitch
New windshield
Full synthetic oil change and oil filter less than 200 miles ago

Both the body and frame are in good condition with no fading paint on the hood or the roof. The frame has been undercoated.

Located in Seattle, WA. Title and registration in hand.

$14000

JUE_9239.jpg

JUE_8844.jpg

JUE_8810.jpg

JUE_8894.jpg

JUE_8816.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for hijacking YB's thread. Wayne, I did the work with a couple other guys. Thank you.

As far as selling it, **** Id have NO idea what to ask for it. At the moment Im deciding on a VolksWagen TDI installation.

Hijack away. I don't mind at all as long as everyone plays nice. Nice looking Samurai I like the longer wheelbase.

I'm thinking about giving away one of my prized possessions with the cruiser..

I had a nice local guy check out the cruiser recently. I think the RHD scared him a bit. I don't blame him because it's weird at first but you get used to it. It is however well worth the minimal effort of trying something new to drive such a cool cruiser.

Maybe i'll have my grandma drive it on some light trails just so I can have something to say when someone asks me about RHD. :)

JUE_9544 (2).jpg

i brought a RHD LJ71 down to my dad.
he took one look and said, cool truck.
jumped behind the wheel, i was in the passenger seat, and proceeded to drive ... it took him about 10 mins to adapt to the signals being on the wrong side. he caught on to the manual shift right away.
he was 70 at the time.

selling RHDs for over a decade i can tell you this. it is a mind set. if you tell yourself you can't do it then you probably can't. if you tell yourself this is cool then your mind will adapt easily.
to be honest, there are those that should NOT drive RHD ... but then they are also the ones that shouldn't be driving at all.

i brought a RHD LJ71 down to my dad.
he took one look and said, cool truck.
jumped behind the wheel, i was in the passenger seat, and proceeded to drive ... it took him about 10 mins to adapt to the signals being on the wrong side. he caught on to the manual shift right away.
he was 70 at the time.

selling RHDs for over a decade i can tell you this. it is a mind set. if you tell yourself you can't do it then you probably can't. if you tell yourself this is cool then your mind will adapt easily.
to be honest, there are those that should NOT drive RHD ... but then they are also the ones that shouldn't be driving at all.

I'll have to agree with that. It must be a in our blood that we are destined to drive RHD in LHD countries.

If I get pics of my grandma I'll be sure to post them. :)

Last edited:
The cruiser has been sold to a good home. The new owner was very excited and is a diesel/cruiser enthusiast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom