For Sale 1988 BJ73 - SOLD PENDING FUNDS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$17,000, minimally negotiable.

I'm selling my 1988 BJ 73. Life has taken a different turn and I'm not driving this vehicle. It deserves to be owned and driven and enjoyed and my energies are being pulled in different directions.

I bought this 2 years ago from Land Cruisers Direct - Steve Jackson - as a direct import from Japan. It is in really excellent condition - body, mechanical, you name it. It was a typical high quality Steve Jackson vehicle and I have been completely happy with it in every way. I'll start at the top.

Clean TN title in my name, also passed our emissions testing in Hamilton County twice with flying colors, so even if you have to pass emissions you should be good. No idea about California.

I don't have the title physically in hand - it is still at the bank so it will take a few days to get the title and sign it over to you.

I paid $18K for it with bad tires, off brand wheels and a non functional Japanese flat screen stereo. I've put a good bit into it and am including a lot of parts as well.

FACTORY CABLE LOCKERS
AIR CONDITIONING (ice cold).
Leaf sprung, heavy duty truck.
Right hand drive
24 volt system.
3B, with 5 speed H55F.
123,3XX km (76,000 miles +/-)
new AM/FM CD radio with Bluetooth - 4 speakers, all work well.
Electric mirrors, all working. New headlight bulbs. All lights/signals work.
Everything works like new, no apologies or issues.
BRAND NEW TIRES - I bought them 2 months ago and haven't driven 100 miles on them.
235/85r16 Nankang Mud Terrains - super quiet, smooth tires. (I'm amazed how nice these tires drive.)
Matching spare, (tire and wheel.)
Correct Toyota steel OEM wheels. All balance well.
Excellent condition upholstery and carpeting throughout. Some scratches on the door cards, nothing major.
Excellent smooth running engine - starts and runs like a new truck, winter or summer. Idles like butter.
Easy cruising all day long at 100 - 110 km/hr.

I drove it home from St. Louis and have driven it on a few highway trips in the southeast. I have put about 10,000 miles on it since I bought it. Managed to get it off road a grand total of one time at the 70 Rally in Tennessee - work and life got busy.

Oil change and new air and fuel filters done about 1000 miles ago - factory filters.
Knuckle joints are perfect - see photo.

I took it to ACC Cruisers in Atlanta and they checked it over for a whole day and said it was outstanding - it made 100% on their multi page check off.

I removed the front bumper and had a local 4x4 fabrication shop make a custom front bumper, but I still have the original chrome factory bumper and brackets and bolts. If you don't like the new bumper, you can replace it with that one, or whatever you like. I had the bumper made to hold a Warn 8274 and I'm including the 8274 with the truck. The winch was a good working used winch I bought from a friend - he sold his truck and kept the winch. It's wired for 12 volt, so this will have to be addressed - wire the solenoids for 24 volt or get new 24 volt solenoids if you want to rebuild the winch, but as I said it was a good winch when it came off.

I'm including the correct door hinges, "H" shaped jerry can support, and tail light bracket to convert the rear door to jerry can usage - it took me 6 weeks to find those hinges and they had to be shipped from Dubai.

I'm including a Kaymar rear spare tire/vehicle jack mount - that also took a while to find. It is actually one made for the FJ80, but all you have to do is hacksaw off a little piece on the inside and it will work perfectly.

This truck is pretty much one stop shopping - the only thing I was going to think about was maybe a lift kit but when I saw how well the 235's fit I put that way on the back burner. It has no deficiencies or weaknesses that I know of, and I would be very comfortable driving it from Alaska to South America tomorrow, no exaggeration.

It has no rust on the frame. No rust in any of the doors, or the front window frame.

It has two 1" - 2" diameter patches of rust, one on each inner lower door sill - you have to lay on your back to see them. The right side foot tread is bent - I rubbed against a tree stump in the snow. Most people remove these anyway. Also there is a slight indention in the driver's side door below the mirror where my wife rubbed her rear view mirror against it one morning. You can't see it unless you look down from above.

That's it - nothing else to say. I've been on Mud for many years and don't want to misrepresent this in any way. I'm not putting it on ebay at this point, I don't want to deal with that mess.

Available for viewing when I'm not working - I work week on/week off, just contact me. I'll do whatever I can to help with delivery/shipping etc. I'll meet up if the drive isn't too long - I have a busy schedule. I'm not in a great hurry to sell it and have seen worse trucks sell for more money. There is a lot of oversprayed junk out there, and I think the price is very fair.

KIMG0242.JPG

KIMG0243.JPG

KIMG0251.JPG

KIMG0252.JPG

KIMG0253.JPG

Any pictures of the rust areas?

Chattanooga area?

Congrats on the quick sale. That’s a solid truck at a very fair price.

Congrats! Keep us posted as to its new destination!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom