1987 xtra cab pickup Chevy 406 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1987 SR5 xtra cab with a chevy 406 V-8. This truck was listed on Ebay, but failed to sell. I will tell as much about it as possible, if there are any questions, please contact me. (217) 565-0353 or joshuacmorrison@hotmail.com I am located in Taylorville, Illinois.

I feel I should tell the whole story about the reasoning behind this 1987 Toyota V-8 4x4. I was a student when I first purchased this truck. It was originally a 4 cylinder 5 speed truck with 33" tires. I was driving to school one day and the rear axle locked up because it was out of fluid apparently. When it went, I was goin down the highway and it shattered third gear in the trsnsmission. Some friends of mine convinced me that it would be cheaper to convert it to chevy using rather than fixing the broken toyota parts. The truth is it was fairly expensive. The conversion parts were expensive, not to metion the rest. This truck has been an ongoing project, but it need very little to be perfect. I have over $14,000 invested in this truck and I am tired of it. My loss is your gain. The body has 94,000 miles but the motor does not.

The good:
  • New 406 Chevy motor with less than 5,000 Miles. It is a 509 block, see pic (high nickel content).
  • Motor has 234/244 .488"/510" cam, Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake, 750 Holley Carb (3310), Pro-Action 23 degree heads and claimer pistons.
  • Professionaly built 350 turbo transmission (shift kit, stall torque converter, extra clutches in every gear).
  • S-10 v-8 Conversion headers with new 3 inch exhaust (last summer) and 3 inch Flowmasters.
  • 1/2 ton Chevy driveshafts connected to stock toyota axles.
  • Truck sits on 35x12.50 15 BFG Mud Terrains (3 have less than 1,000 miles).
  • Has Auto Meter Gauges and B&M quicksilver shifter.
  • Includes double-single roll bar with KC Daylighters
The Bad:
  • The truck obviously has rust issues. These are restricted to the bed only! The rest of the truck is in good shape including the frame.
  • The sunroof leaks slightly, which is more annoying than anything. It could probably be fixed cheaply at aplace that does sunroofs. I previously just parked under an awning.
  • There is one tire that I have not replaced. It still has plenty of tread, but it is weather cracked like the other three that have been replaced. They got that way from just sitting, my fault.
  • The brakes are soft, They were working fine until the rear axle went out and I bought a truck with a blown motor for the axle to replace it. They probably just need bled.
  • The carb works fine when warm, but needs rebuilt, an easy fix and a kit is around $20-40.
I am asking $5,000 for this truck, it needs very little, and I have a load more than that in it. My reserve on ebay was $4,000, and no one even came close to that. Anyone interested in making me an offer should contact me, we can discuss any reasonable offers. (217) 565-0353 or joshuacmorrison@hotmail.com

Anyone who purchases this vehicle will be required to sign an acknowledgment that it has been modified and that they accept all responsibility for the modification and liability from any accidents that arise from its purchase and use. Sorry to have to do this, but it is part of my Job, I am an attorney. Before anyone asks, this does not mean that this truck is not street legal in the state of Illinois, nor does it mean that anything is wrong with it other than what was already mentioned. If this alarms anyone, or raises any questions, please contact me immediately.

I can e-mail pics upon request, just let me know what you want to see.

yota.jpg
yota 2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom