STOLEN 1987 Tan 2wd Pickup Stolen - Tacoma, WA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Someone stole my cherry 1987 pickup last night.

3ADFB8A9-2981-4170-9AAC-68A00639FB17.jpeg

Any luck/update on this one? What a shame I'm sorry to hear about that man!

Found a few days later actually... I forgot about this thread. It was only about 10 blocks from my house, still full of gas and no damage. PD said sometimes people swipe vehicles just to prove they can.

Anyway, new antitheft device installed so hopefully this won’t happen again.

Any luck/update on this one? What a shame I'm sorry to hear about that man!

Glad you got it back!
I have an 1985 1ton that has 298,000.
Hasn’t let me down, and couldn’t do with out it. Looks just like yours!
Curious what kind of anti-theft device?
Kill switch I’m guessing. I need one.

From my motorcycling shenanigans, I heard of a guy using a 1/4” stereo plug as his only ignition key for his bike. Use the female end mounted somewhere on the bike that was totally hidden. Use the male plug to loop back on itself to close the circuit and tie to ignition. I’ve thought about doing something like this. The parts are cheap and could easily be hidden.

Also considering a club. Or 9mm. Or both.

From my motorcycling shenanigans, I heard of a guy using a 1/4” stereo plug as his only ignition key for his bike. Use the female end mounted somewhere on the bike that was totally hidden. Use the male plug to loop back on itself to close the circuit and tie to ignition. I’ve thought about doing something like this. The parts are cheap and could easily be hidden.

Also considering a club. Or 9mm. Or both.

I keep a club and a 9mm in my truck...with a kill switch and alarm system. I also make it a habit to back into parking spots so it's more easily visible to see someone breaking in and lock the tires one way with the steering wheel locked and club on. You'd have to be pretty dumb to try to mess with it haha.

I've heard of guys that have a kill switch installed and you have to push the cigarette lighter for the ignition circuit to be completed and that's the only way it'll start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom