SOLD 1987 HJ61VX RHD with all options (including suspension seats) - SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Beige
Offering up my 1987 HJ61 for sale. This is the VX trim with all of the fixings (e.g. moon roof, PTO, power everything, factory lockers, suspension seats). I have owned it for 8 years during which most of the systems have been gone through. It was a daily driver for about a year and a half and then became a weekend driver / trip vehicle. Currently showing 251,729 KM (156,417 Miles). I am also enclosing below the modifications / repairs made since I've owned it which will give the next owner a great blank(ish) canvas to make this one amazing overland vehicle.

Mechanical
  • Original 12HT mated to H55F
  • New clutch installed less than a thousand miles ago
  • Radiator tested and flushed three years ago
  • Fuel lines replaced
  • Custom mandrel bent 3" exhaust
  • 4x4 vacuum switch replaced
  • Included is the original PTO winch (not installed). Didn't have the time to install it on the ARB. It was working when I removed it. Gearbox is still connected.
  • Man A Fre suspension in the front and OME in the rear
Electrical

In order to have more flexibility with overland accessories I decided to go in the direction of installing a 12V system as to not strain the existing 24V stock system. The work was performed by Wayne Electric in Long Beach.
  • 2nd alternator (12v) was installed with third battery in rear next to custom drawer storage
  • 2 Fuse blocks installed (1 with constant power ideal for a fridge and the other off of a relay tied to ignition)
  • The Light Force lights in front are 24v and tied to the stock switch inside
  • Driver door window regulator replaced. All electric windows work.
  • Power side mirrors work.
Body

The body is just fine. It is far from perfect aesthetically, but is extremely solid. Floors and frame are great.

• Weather stripping is new around the doors
  • The paint is sun damaged on the hood and roof (see photos) as well as the ARB bumper
  • There is some bubbling under the paint by the hood and in the door jam
  • The moonroof plastic frame shows bubbling. It was this way when I bought it and has no effect on the functionality of the moonroof.
  • Paint is starting to crack on some plastic: side view mirrors and grill.
  • There is minor surface rust here and there. Could be cleaned up with some elbow grease (see photos).
  • Custom swing out bumper on rear with ladder. Never got around to installing my con-fer roof rack.
Interior

The interior is in good shape. Seats show some wear but nothing major to speak of. The most major issue is two areas with dash cracks. I've placed a brand new dash cover over it for aesthetics.
  • The suspension seats work and allow the driver and passenger to dial in their weight
  • There is a track system for curtains installed. This came out of Japan with curtains. Previous owner mentioned something about recreation vehicles having lower registration fees. I never took it out as I considered using it at one point for camping trips.
  • I built the storage system in the rear with 13-ply Baltic Birch plywood. It's extremely solid, but can easily be removed if preferred.
I am asking $25K OBO

You can access videos/photos here:

InkedPA230345_LI.jpg
InkedPA230349_LI.jpg
PA230400.JPG
PA230431.JPG

I had a question come up regarding the 12v system. This is something that can be undone fairly easily as the alternator was installed with a bolt on custom bracket.

The second HJ61 in two weeks with 5spd, lockers, and 12HT. These usually don't come around often. Some good stuff on MUD recently. Good luck with the sale

Are there any issues this vehicle needs addressed prior to making a longer trip?
Very sharp 60 series, appreciate the honest representation and am quite interested if it’s still available.

No issues that come to mind. The A/C will serve you nicely on the trip if you're heading to FL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom