1987 head rebuild due to stuck intake valves (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, Going to pull the head on the fj60. For valve stem seals how are the Mahle ? Any other better parts? Mike

Mahle is a good company. Ive not done any valve work on my truck so have no experience with Mahle on the 60. Pretty sure I’ve used mahle seals and on other cars though. I use their oil filters on my daily driver.

just doing the valve stem seals? no need to pull the head.

^^^
Very simple. Remove the spark plugs, stuff some string/rope in the spark plug hole so you don’t drop a valve and then remove/replace the valve seals.

You can also use compressed air instead of string/rope. Helps to have 2 guys doing it, even 3 if doing it with compressed air. But still easier than removing the head.

A search will show you some videos.

^^^
Very simple. Remove the spark plugs, stuff some string/rope in the spark plug hole so you don’t drop a valve and then remove/replace the valve seals.

You can also use compressed air instead of string/rope. Helps to have 2 guys doing it, even 3 if doing it with compressed air. But still easier than removing the head.

A search will show you some videos.

thank you

thank you
What they didn’t say is, you’d need a spring compressor tool and be sure to cover the ends so the tiny keepers don’t go across the garage cuz they do fly far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom