For Sale 1987 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*** SOLD *** '87 FJ60 with 172,XXX miles. Asking $6,800 OBO.

Had a lot of fun working on this with my son over the past few years. Since purchasing this from a friend in 2012 we have:

• Replaced the frame

• Did full POR15 treatment on chassis

• Installed new Hell For Stout 4” suspension system from CCOT

• New Weber 32/36 carb (electric choke)

• Painted the engine with proper high heat paints

• Installed new Man-a-Fre header

• New exhaust all the way back

• Rebuilt knuckles

• New WARN hubs

• New CCOT console

• Pioneer stereo with 4 speakers

• New fuel pump

• New water pump

• New radiator

• All new hoses

• New clutch master, slave, and stainless line

• New oil pan

• New rear main seal

• New clutch

• New headlights

• New front brake calipers and pads

• 16” aluminum wheels with AMT tires

• Interior is in very good condition (just the normal tear on driver’s seat)

• A/C worked fine. Removed to gain more HP. Have it packed safely in a box.

• Clean CarFax report
Spent way more than I’ll get out of it, I know. Essentially a “like new” chassis with a strong power train with about 172,000 miles on it. I have been driving this daily for a couple years and have had no problems. Starts easily, runs well after warming up, 4WD works well. Have taken it on 6 hour trips without thinking twice about leaving town. Ride is a little stiff with those HFS springs under it, but they got me through some deep snow on a few hunting trips where the other guys wouldn’t even try to go.

Body needs work due to rust in the usual places. While we had the body off we did some weld patches. Other spots were sanded and treated with rust stop to prevent further corrosion. Has some driveline vibration while in 4WD at speeds above about 25 MPH (due to lift and resulting drive shaft angles… normal from what I have read).

Why am I selling? I am spending more and more of my time helping build up a Wounded Warrior type program (Google: Camp Ryan Adams) and need to be over in the woods of Central WI often to help guide hunters or work on the camp property. I am buying a pickup / camper combo to live out of while there. This FJ60 is being sold to help fund this (as will my '84 when ready).
IMG_0994.JPG
IMG_1013.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_1028.JPG
IMG_0508.JPG

Please PM with any questions. I’ll go over the good and bad points with full disclosure for anyone interested. I am willing to deliver within a reasonable distance if I can get a cheap flight back to the Twin Cities.

Kevin Lillo

Stillwater MN

Last edited:
I have seen this truck, and it is a very solid truck, great interior with great mechanical restoration. No surprises. Kevin is really showing all the good and the not so good on this truck. No surprises. Really a steal at this price

This MUD community has been nothing but helpful over the past few years. I am not the kind of person to be easily offended. With over 180 looks and no comments, I either have a product that no one wants or the price isn't right.

Please feel free to provide constructive feedback.

Thanks!

Videos...

Wind from the fan wreaks havoc on the iPhone sound quality, but you get the idea. That old 6 in-line roars like a V8. Well, not really, but still pretty impressive for something they put in fork trucks!

It's a good song so I had to share

Sold and soon to be heading to a new home in CT. From what I hear it will be carrying a family off on a camping trip in late June. It will be enjoyed by this new family as much as we enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom