For Sale 1987 FJ60 Toyota Landcruiser - Lots of goodies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

view pictures here:

Craigslist Ad: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5162108104.html

Located: Colorado Springs, Colorado

1987 FJ60 Land cruiser. 4x4, Original engine straight 6 w/4 speed manual transmission 178k mileage. It's a southern California car that's been in Colorado since 2012 so you won't find any cancer rust on the body nor frame.

Purchased this in 2010 from an older gentlemen and was bone stock, but great condition. No rust issues. The Colorado sun has been harsh on the paint job and is peeling on the hood, but with the age of the truck can't be too surprised.

I had grand plans of turning this into an expedition vehicle, so naturally I have a million other things I want to do to it. But with my first kid last year and life going in a different direction I no longer have time for this vehicle.

Have maybe put 5,000 miles on it in the past 2 years. You may laugh, but when I first purchased the vehicle I said I wouldn't go off-roading until I was done building it...well here I am a few years later and still haven't taking it off-road which is good for folks looking for a 4x4 not abused.

Only driven about 15K miles since 2011 as I have been working abroad quite a bit these past few years so the things I've had installed on it have not been used a whole lot in terms of mileage and hours. Kept in garage storage during my time away.

The Goods (lots of them):
-Desmogged (2010)
-HEI DUI distributor with live wire plugs (purchased and installed 2011)
-38 weber carburetor
-snorkel (connected)
-man-a-fre headers (purchased and installed 2013)
-40 series flow master exhaust (purchased and installed 2010)
-33" Firestone MT's with 15K miles on them. Also, 58 pro comp rims (purchased both and installed 2011)
-Old Man emu 4 inch lift with shackle reverse (purchase and installed 2011)
-ARB bumpers front and rear
-Warn 8274 winch w/remote from the 80's. These things are not only classics, but bullet proof and mesh perfectly with the Land cruiser ARB front bumper. Rebuilt last year and in great working order
-Aussie mirrors (real ones - metal)
-special tailgate hatch made. This allows to store supplies in tailgate (very nicely built from wagon gear and expensive)
-Long range fuel tank 38 gallon (purchased 2011 from man-a-fre)
-Safari roof rack
-Sony DVD/CD/Bluetooth/sirius-xm radio
-backup camera
-Multiple USB charger outlets
-LED lights for rear backup lights and interior lighting
-rear sliding windows from SOR (very expensive) not installed yet but included
-interior has sound deadener installed with rhino like material on the inside
-ASB plastic door panels (my custom work)
-electric door locks
-extra parts included (original steering wheel, rear swing arm kit, and lots more)
-Good running engine. Have had no issues. Driven from San Diego --> Pensacola, Florida --> Colorado (near end of 2012).

Maint:
-rebuilt front end to get rid of the infamous death wobble (2010)
-New brake master cylinder and brakes (2011)
-New clutch master clyinder (2011
-New clutch (2011)
-replaced front and year main seal (2013)
-new water pump and water hoses (2013)
-new spark plugs (2015 August)
-new catalytic converter (2015)
-yellow top optima batter (2010)
-new belts (forget the year but within the past few)
-naturally frequent oil changes

Issues:
-4 lights on roof rack. 1 is not working. I suggest replacing all with LED light bar
-choke cable not connected
-paint fading...Colorado sun is not very kind.
-window tint has some gashes in it

All in all, a great LC, especially one with all the extras on it! And difficult to find a LC around here that is cancer free.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something so feel free to ask questions. Clean title in hand (Registered in Washington State). Give me a call if interested: Eric 719-396-1672

$12500 OBO

Last edited:
I am sure everyone would love to see a few.pics.

Eric,, Hey I just gave you a call and left my cell number. Give me a shout if you still have this beauty.
I am looking for a semi-built 60 and this looks like the one for me.
Thanks John

Nice truck. I also have a 1987, 60 Series but is Canadian spec'd with a turbo diesel & Aisin 4 sp auto with overdrive. Lots of goodies on mine too. I am just trying to figure out how to post an ad for it here on I8Mud, but cannot seem to figure out the links to post it. Cheers Arctic diesel

IMG_6246.jpg
IMG_6251.jpg
IMG_6251.jpg
IMG_6251.jpg
IMG_6251.jpg
IMG_6251.jpg
There is a photo or two of mine

I just sold mine for $15,000 Cnd or $11, 116 US$ Here are my specs on it:

I am the 2nd owner & have driven this 60 Series Land Cruiser for the last 28 years

Toyota 2H, 4.0 liter 6 cylinder diesel – AIT turbocharger with Garrett T-3 turbine, water cooled and oil lubricated with a 3” high flow exhaust system. 160 HP @ 3500 rpm, Torque 285 ft. lb. @ 2000 rpm

HD Aisin 4 speed + overdrive automatic transmission

Front axle full floating with Aisin free-wheel hubs & air operated locking front differential. Rear axle semi-floating. Differential ratios 4.11: 1.

Wheels 16 Inch Toyota steel, tires Yokohama Geolander 235/85 R16 AT+S Mud & Snow

Since new, maintained in mechanically perfect running condition. All components have been regularly serviced or repaired with OEM replacement parts. At a cost of $8,500 CAD the engine was fully rebuilt by “Lethbridge Toyota” February 2013 at 343,172km with new Toyota components (pistons, rings, bearings, wrist pins, a new cylinder head with valves fitted & new guides/seals plus a new OEM Aisin water pump)

2003 body painted including black rock-guard on lower panels & restored as new, with regular routine maintenance & touch-ups since.

ARB Equipment:

• HD leaf springs front & rear;

• Shackles and pins with 21 grease nipples;

• Front bumper & grill guard;

• Side body protection rails & running boards;

• 24 volt air compressor plus tire hose;

• Full length roof rack (to be installed by new owner);

Other:
  • 4 core high flow aluminum radiator with dual 24 volt Spal electric fans;

• Insulated/padded winter grill cover for use on very cold winter days;

• 175 litre long range fuel tank;

• Rear bumper mounted swing out spare tire carrier,

• Class III trailer hitch with electrical connection for trailer lights & electric trailer brake wiring;

• Dash mounted electric brake control unit;

• Dash mounted exhaust temperature & turbo boost gauge;

• Front mounted HD secondary oil cooler;

• Transmission temperature gauge;

• HD Front mounted transmission cooler;

• Diesel fuel pre-heater;

• Snorkel air intake with swirl Donaldson air cleaner or ram air intake;

• 24 to 12 volt converter;

• Garmin 195 Map GPS with external antenna;

• Warn 24 volt 9,000 lb. electric front mounted winch (to be installed by new owner);

• Toyota repair manual for Aisin 440F automatic transmission;

• Toyota repair manual for 2H and 12 HT Turbo engine;

• Toyota Land Cruiser (Heavy duty) repair manual for Chassis and Body production dates 10/84 thru 1/90 (available as a PDF file on a memory stick or email transfer);

• Original 1987 Toyota Owner’s Manual;

• Complete service, maintenance & fuelling records since 30,000 km, in hand written logbook.
Written appraisal by Bruce Armstrong, Hawthorne Appraisals July 2013, @ 354,225 km. Value $20,500.00 CAD

Wow, double highjack

Now back to our regularly scheduled o.p.
Glws starsky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom