1987 fj60 "murdoc" introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, my name is Dylan I'm 15 years old. I just got my first land cruiser in august. I named it murdoc after the bassist Murdoc from Gorillaz. We (me and mesa man )got it for 1000$. It was full of rat nest crap. We spent the first three days cleaning as much of the nest out as we could get. Then came getting it home. there was no key and it did not run. we got a bunch of spare keys from different vehicles and one barely fit. it was a key to mesa mans 1983 fj40 we got it home we then stripped the interior presser washed it cleaned everything out and began getting it running. We cleaned the gas tank and spark plugs repaired some wiring and put a hot battery in. And got it to barely start drove it up the road and back. We have been doing small things to it and just started to desmog it.
20220104_155820.jpg
20220104_155650.jpg
20220104_155626.jpg

Welcome :flipoff2:

Welcome to the club! glad to hear some other kids my age getting into cruisers. Good job on the price and I hope you keep us updated, that thing is sick!

Hey, my name is Dylan I'm 15 years old. I just got my first land cruiser in august. I named it murdoc after the bassist Murdoc from Gorillaz. We (me and mesa man )got it for 1000$. It was full of rat nest crap. We spent the first three days cleaning as much of the nest out as we could get. Then came getting it home. there was no key and it did not run. we got a bunch of spare keys from different vehicles and one barely fit. it was a key to mesa mans 1983 fj40 we got it home we then stripped the interior presser washed it cleaned everything out and began getting it running. We cleaned the gas tank and spark plugs repaired some wiring and put a hot battery in. And got it to barely start drove it up the road and back. We have been doing small things to it and just started to desmog it.
View attachment 2884440View attachment 2884441View attachment 2884442
update we finaly got in some new parts. a seal for the air filter, new sparkplugs, and hose plugs. so we were able to finally finish de-smogging it and put in the new sparkplugs. today I caught a mouse that got in the 60 and cleaned out the mess it left. took the rear hatch off to be able to finish cleaning it and put it back together. the wires on both sides were chewed in half so it was an easy job. got that done and now we are going to do an oil change when we can get some more oil.

20220123_153117.jpg

20220123_153250.jpg

20220123_160746.jpg

IMG-9637.JPG

IMG-9638.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom