1987 fj60 electrical issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, Buzzing under dash by fuse panel when, Blower is turned on ; or lights are turned on. No buzzing when running lights are on or car is turned on To start and it’s running. Thoughts? Thanks, Mike

Its one of the relays with either a bad connection or on its way out.
There’s a cluster of them plugged into a board under the dash. Put your head on the floor & look up w a flashlight. Youll see them.
Set the car accessories so it buzzes then get under there and touch different relays. You’ll soon find the offender.

That’s what I thought too. Replaced all but the heater one, waiting for it to come in. Will know tomorrow if that’s it.

Heater blower replaced still buzzing. No head lights at all. Thinking now turn ,light stalk on column.

It's amazing how dirty / futzy the interior of the clamshell on the steering column gets.
Probably a bit of oxide on the contacts, horn pin still working?

Why does everything go out at once. Working on 4 cruiser and the brake master cylinder in the Ram died yesterday.Replacing it now. My goodness to bench press the master in it took half an hour to get the air out. I have several column switches I will be pulling apart to see what’s wrong with them and try to get one working.I think the 1987 and fj62s use the same column switch.

Well after a complete brake job new calipers etc on the Ram. Starting in on the 1987 fj60 again this weekend.So far nothing all fuses appear good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom