Builds 1987 FJ60 Birthday gift build (Stegosaurus) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So none of the patch panels I have seen will cover that corner you are talking about. You are better to get someone to cut a panel for you.

I ended up custom making mine using the other side (which was good) as a template. Then I welded it in place.
For the rear I built my own inner skin to fix the issue of the the missing piece. Once done I bonded and sealed the whole thing.

Seam sealer using a calking gun for the interior and there are some good writeup for the drip rails

That link should help you.

So none of the patch panels I have seen will cover that corner you are talking about. You are better to get someone to cut a panel for you.

I ended up custom making mine using the other side (which was good) as a template. Then I welded it in place.
For the rear I built my own inner skin to fix the issue of the the missing piece. Once done I bonded and sealed the whole thing.

Seam sealer using a calking gun for the interior and there are some good writeup for the drip rails

That link should help you.

Great, thank you for the link. And I think I am going to tackle the quarter in the spring, and will have to get a quarter section off of a rust free one. Ill check the link out.

IMG_9639.jpg
IMG_9638.jpg
IMG_9637.jpg

I had a friend at work fix a nasty dent in the tail gate for me. and the fenders, hood and valance are ready to paint Monday hopefully.

I have one door torn down and the rest off ready to strip. Then ill do the body and the doors, hopefully in the next few weeks.

IMG_9690.jpg
IMG_9691.jpg

1.jpg

Got the hood and fenders resprayed today with 033 white like it came from the factory with.

I put some 3m no mess chip guard on the bottom of the fenders, to try to protect them a little bit more than factory as well.

Hopefully do the doors in the next week or so.

I am in need of a used section of left qtr panel. I need the inner and outer from about the tail light down. But I will take the entire qtr if If someone is sectioning one and needs to sell the entire thing.

I havent posted on here in a while. Building a house and work have taken a lot of my time. I have the front end back together and the doors all painted. Hopeing to get the body and jambs painted this week or next.
IMG_1074.jpg
IMG_1077.jpg
IMG_1078.jpg
IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1275.JPG
What I started with and where it is now. I got the jambs and top and quarters painted so I can start reassembly. I still have the find new quarters and put them on once I can find usable rust free ones. But at least it will be a good driver until then.

On a side note I am still having the overheating issue. Temp gauge reads good until I shut if off then when I try to restart its pegged. Oil looks good so I dont think its head gasket. It blew out a bunch of Orangish, Brownish, Yellow coolant this time. Like a couple gallons worth. So I am going to try to flush the radiator out and see if that helps. Seems to only overheat when I mess with the heater controls while driving. Anyone had a clogged heater core or stuck heater control valve issue before? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank You

I drained the coolant yesterday, back flushed the heater core and pulled the thermostat. Also pulled and flushed the rear heater under the seat. Flushed out the block and refilled with fresh water and prestone radiator cleaner and let it run for about 20 or 30 minutes and now its sitting and hopefully cleaning the crap out of everything. The pictures are what the coolant looked like and the chunks I found in the bottom of the bucket.

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

Got all the doors, half the new carpet and the seats installed over the weekend. Two happy kiddoes riding in the Stegosaurus. (note: this is on a closed road with two houses on it..one of which is mine.)
3.jpg

1.png
2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom