1987 fj60 280000 miles what would you pay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No matter what you do, you will be at least $7K in for a base lined, well running 60. That is a sad looking example even at $2K. Walk on by and see what else you can find. Buy the best truck you can afford.

I agree with this ^^^^ ........ AND I will add, that even the best cruiser you can afford, will still need an influx of funds. Be prepared.

J

Which means he was a pot head. Expect many Bong water spills and joint burns

Check behind all the cargo panels!! There may be a stash worth more than the truck!

images

Probably all good advice but the lowest asking price I've seen for 60/62 in north Tex is $4k and that was for a non running rig. I'd like to know where all these $2k or less trucks are. It seems like anything running but in need of baseline maintenance is north of $6500.

the rig your looking at i have seen around Waco, Tx I am from there and just moved to Illinois with mine. She is beat up but if your willing to put in the labor and maintenance she could turn out to be a sic rig. Ask the mileage and how long its been since the engine has had a tune up and the oils have been changed in everything. If your still interested after his response ask to take it for a test drive. notice and hear everything, dont let him talk. After that if you know a good mechanic friend ask to see if he will let your guy look it over once. after all of that talk to the guy about all of the issues you have found things that need taking care of and such. as well as notify him of your talk to other FJ60 owners and try to bring the cost down.

I agree with most. I bought mine 5 states and 12 hours away from me.
Mine was about 1K more than that one and looked 100% better. What is no rust when your replacing panels?
You might as well have rust, that is just cut and weld at least.

I paid to much (i know that now after tearing into it). Without adding the extras (upgraded bumpers roof rack)
i will be well over 100 hours and about 5K into mine. So get ready.
It will depend on what you want to do with it. Mine will be a DD, so i am putting extra effort into it. If it was a hunting/ off road rig, i doubt i would have much more that $1500 into it.
If you are not prepared to spend on it from day one then look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom