For Sale 1987 BJ74 - Monterey CA USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First post, came to share or see if you guys are interested in my 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ74. Cross posted from my CL ad.

$15,500

Just over 202k kilometers, so about 126k miles. Miles go up some as I'm daily driving it around town and into Big Sur.

- 4x4, automatic, manual locking front hubs.
- New OME suspension which lifts the car up about 2" from stock. New shocks as part of the suspension upgrade.
- Recent rebuild of the front knuckles and replacement of the driver tie rod end.
- Tires good for road and off-road; handled well at Hollister off road park and also at Pismo Beach in the last month or so.
- Hard to find and source original model ladder on the rear barn door.
- I've got the snorkel kit for it but haven't installed that.
- This is a 2 battery, 24 volt rig. There's a converter in the cabin powering the bluetooth/radio/USB/CD player. Both batteries replaced with new NAPA 5 year warranty batteries in the past month.
- All fluids maintained and maintenance attended to. Oil/filter just changed and the fuel filter just changed out in the last 500 miles.
- Belts replaced in last 6k miles or so.
- A/C works but the belt is off. The replacement belt was too tight and sourced from Europe, and I haven't ordered another one yet because I don't really need the A/C out here.
- Driver window recently repaired for an issue with tracking, it's working great now.
- Water pump replaced one year ago.
- Air filter just replaced.
- Stock PTO winch in front bumper. Tested and functional.
- I have new brake pads but haven't installed them yet. Brakes are still good but you'll have the parts when it's time.
- I also have a handful of imported OEM bulbs and misc other stuff that belong with the rig, just regular maintenance stuff like a spare fuel filter and oil filter.

It's in a lot better shape than some other rigs like it listed on this coast that are rusted out. None of the issues with fenders being rusted out or anything like that. It's been repainted silver (and was originally silver) at some point but that's only obvious when you know it's a 30 year old vehicle, it's a good paint job and most people looking at the truck out at Asilomar think it's much newer.

I recently drove it out from Atlanta to Monterey with no problems.
1427524-7a323e7746c623b1ac83c2221b31646e.jpg

1427522-2a63ab21e956638b5b7d13a5a335c8a3.jpg

1427521-5bdf8104e541ce61004453f6fddf7813.jpg

If this has your interest, hit me up and let's work something out!

Hey, the engine is the 13B-T turbo diesel engine. I am not sure how to identify the transmission - sorry!

Where is it registered? Kalifornia? I'm interested.

If the transmission is completely stock, which it probably is its the A440 tranny.

Hey, it's titled and registered in Georgia currently and it is with me here in Monterey.

Toyota 1987 Land Cruiser BJ74

Updated post, if any of you guys are interested.

Will take 12,500 for it if you make things easy and come get it from me.

I have it posted for shipping back to GA but would prefer to not ship it if possible. Thanks all

Last edited:
There is a rear seat, it's folded down in these photos, but it is present and fuctional. It does not have shoulder belts in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom