For Sale 1986 Toyota FJ60 | Pittsburgh, PA | Sold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1986 FJ60. Shipped rust-free from Florida last summer to Pittsburgh, PA. Garage kept all winter. One previous owner.

All original. 175k miles. Runs and drives great. 2F Engine. 4 Speed Manual. AC Blows COLD.

Hate to see her go, but just had a kid and unfortunately, she's not equipped for a car seat. Asking $23,500.

Last edited:
you can almost see the sad face on the suspension. :(
seriously though, could use a few more pics of the underside, overall it's a nice starter, in the right color, interior is better than most, but the price is quite a bit high. I wouldn't expect to make any money on it. IF you can recover your cost of the vehicle and shipping, you'll be doing good.

you can almost see the sad face on the suspension. :(
seriously though, could use a few more pics of the underside, overall it's a nice starter, in the right color, interior is better than most, but the price is quite a bit high. I wouldn't expect to make any money on it. IF you can recover your cost of the vehicle and shipping, you'll be doing good.
Thanks for the feedback.

Hard to tell and I am certainly not an expert but I would want to see more information about service records, bodywork performed, and undercarriage pictures. You have a lot of good pictures but of pretty common areas that do not tell much about the "problematic" parts associated with these trucks. For the asking, it seems important to include these items.

What?! I run a car seat in my 60... Center rear with the adjustable lap belt so that's not an excuse. We brought our daughter home form the hospital in our 60.

I'm happy to give a write up with photos if you need it!

Personally I think you should keep it priced at whatever number you think is fair. In the end it's worth what someone is willing to pay. It's not unheard of to see a 60 go for $20K though it seems, unfortunately, the market is softening a bit.

You definitely have a very nice Cruiser. I've seen several bring big money on Bring A Trailer recently. You might give that a shot, we've sold two cars on BAT and had a great experience and the fee is fair.

Even if you set a high reserve and it doesn't meet it, that will give you a good idea of the current market.

And worst case you get to keep it. You're not going to see a cooler old truck pull up to the local coffee shop on Saturday morning. My wife, baby girl, dog and I get into a conversation about ours ever time.

Last weekend we met a guy who as a kid rode through all Lower 48 States with his parents in a red 1988 FJ62 towing a small camper trailer.

Last edited:
I would also advocate that for a premium price you need to write a premium for sale ad.

Provide detailed photos of everything from several angles, if you think you have enough, you probably don't. Write up every ounce of history you have and every issue you've had with it; what's the longest trip you've ever taken in it, how's it shift, how bad is the 2nd gear grind, how's it stop, etc. It should be a wall of text.

Also explain why your account is in California, the Forester in the photo has California plates and the 60 is in PA.

I went back and looked at your previous posts as well, those won't bode well to the MUD community but I totally get that life changes and situations come up out of the blue.

Just want to help, if someone does buy it, it looks like they'll have a real nice Cruiser!!

What's a reasonable price in your opinion?
give yourself some negotiating room from what you paid for it (including shipping). if you paid $23,500 or anything in the $20s, i'm sorry to say you probably paid too much for it. It would sell at $15K pretty quick without much documentation or a pile of pictures. It may take some time anywhere between 15 and 20 with some history and more pics. I wouldn't plan on it selling for 20 or over.

I would also advocate that for a premium price you need to write a premium for sale ad.

Provide detailed photos of everything from several angles, if you think you have enough, you probably don't. Write up every ounce of history you have and every issue you've had with it; what's the longest trip you've ever taken in it, how's it shift, how bad is the 2nd gear grind, how's it stop, etc. It should be a wall of text.

Also explain why your account is in California, the Forester in the photo has California plates and the 60 is in PA.

I went back and looked at your previous posts as well, those won't bode well to the MUD community but I totally get that life changes and situations come up out of the blue.

Just want to help, if someone does buy it, it looks like they'll have a real nice Cruiser!!
Thanks. Will do. For context, we moved to Pennsylvania from California to be with family during the birth of our child. We ended up staying. I had the vehicle shipped from Florida. It's currently inspected and registered in PA.

I never updated my MUD location hence the CA location. It was a one owner vehicle in Florida that sat in a garage after the gentleman had passed away. I'd like to get at least 20k for it. It's clean and it runs great. I've had 0 issues with it. Shifts great. Stops on a dime. Very clean.

I'm not a "car" guy hence the short write-up. I'd definitely appreciate some help on that front. Thanks!

Thanks. Will do. For context, we moved to Pennsylvania from California to be with family during the birth of our child. We ended up staying. I had the vehicle shipped from Florida. It's currently inspected and registered in PA.

I never updated my MUD location hence the CA location. It was a one owner vehicle in Florida that sat in a garage after the gentleman had passed away. I'd like to get at least 20k for it. It's clean and it runs great. I've had 0 issues with it. Shifts great. Stops on a dime. Very clean.

I'm not a "car" guy hence the short write-up. I'd definitely appreciate some help on that front. Thanks!
Check out some of the BAT examples that went that high. Use their ads as a template, as far as details go. Photos look good, though. I think you'll be hard-pressed to sell this to a MUD member at that price, but someone with some fun money in the general market looking to jump on a clean example of a 60 would be much more likely to go toward the 20 mark. GLWS.

Check out some of the BAT examples that went that high. Use their ads as a template, as far as details go. Photos look good, though. I think you'll be hard-pressed to sell this to a MUD member at that price, but someone with some fun money in the general market looking to jump on a clean example of a 60 would be much more likely to go toward the 20 mark. GLWS.
Thanks. It's super clean. I'd be happy with 20k for it.

I'll take a look at the other BAT examples.

Yeah it is a nice looking rig!
But more pics are needed of knuckles trans and engine. And close ups of all the locations they tend to rust.
If you have any service records that would be helpful.
I think with everyone seeing prices going high on Barrett Jackson and Mechum that all of these rigs are going to be in that range.
Those vehicles on them auction blocks have more detail and more replacement parts adds to them to make them right.
I think your rig is clean and solid but need better pics.
Either way good luck with your sale!
Someone will pick it up.

What was the agreed upon sale price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom