For Sale 1986 LJ70 LHD in Florida U.S.A.-Sold (didn't) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This truck is for sale. $17,000. It will be on ebay in a few days it's on ebay.
1986 LJ70 with the LX trim. 2LT turbo diesel and R150F 5 speed.
319,395 Km = 198,462 miles.
Original, not restored and not modified.
20141029_17175544.jpg

I bought this truck in September 2013. It had been imported from Belgium. On the drive home I took it to the TOYOTA dealer for inspection, and following his recommendations:
Modified preventative maintenance suite
Replaced all fluids; front and rear differentials, transfer case, transmission, crankcase, power steering, brake fluid and cooling system.
Rebuilt steering knuckles, new seals and all new bearings.
Replaced timing belt and idlers, water pump, thermostat, replaced fuel filter and air filter, replaced all belts, and all hoses in the cooling system. Reworked the brake system including new rear wheel cylinders, parking brake, turned front rotors and new pads.
All OEM TOYOTA parts.

Only repair that it has needed was rebuild the starter.

It has run flawlessly since the day I bought it and has been driven daily by my daughter in law, or me, or my son.

Interior is impeccable, everything works, no rips, tears or stains, though the center console doesn't have a latch. Exterior has some blemishes, touch up paint, and the windshield has been replaced (TOYOTA glass). No body rust in the usual places or easily repaired, and the underside has had corrosion protectant applied, probably numerous times. This truck was well cared for, well maintained and not abused. I can't say whether it was kept indoors, but judging from the condition of the paint, rubber, decals and plastic trim, it was treated much better than most.

Coil springs make it a breeze to maneuver, limited slip differential is also a plus. It's got the smaller axles and differentials than the BJ's and HJ's, but for pavement and everything but expedition, I think that's a positive too. This is a 2LT, not a 2LTE, not sure if that makes a difference in reliability, but it's performed well for me.

Last edited:
20141023_110709.jpg 20141029_165519.jpg 20141029_165545.jpg 20141023_111359.jpg
I'll get some pictures up of the powerful 2LT and interior tomorrow.

20141023_111110.jpg

Come on Charles, jump on the bandwagon!
If I jumped on the bandwagon, I would end up walking or driving my wife's 4Runner which would be somewhat undesirable.

Last edited:
and the powerful 2LT
20141030_112858.jpg 20141030_112937.jpg 20141030_113019.jpg
and a nasty tear on the rear of the drivers seat 20141030_113642.jpg

tentatively sold at $13100.

Last edited:
The bar is very high for my next truck, considering what a pain in the azz selling this has been. I already regret it.

At an ad listing of $13k, I'd be driving it, now, simply because it's one of the cleaner I've seen and, comparatively speaking, well worth the investment.

At $17k, interest significantly waned, but having become disenfranchised with EBay, along with a front load washing machine dumping a full tub of water yesterday, I missed out....

At an ad listing of $13k, I'd be driving it, now, simply because it's one of the cleaner I've seen and, comparatively speaking, well worth the investment.

At $17k, interest significantly waned, but having become disenfranchised with EBay, along with a front load washing machine dumping a full tub of water yesterday, I missed out....
(You know anything to do with THAT machine is Squaw work, right?)
Done is done, I've done stupider things, but the real kisser after the price and dealing with the lookers and test drivers, is the purchaser is local, and I dang sure thought it would go far away and I'd never be reminded again. And if I ever see it with ghetto rims...

Looks like the ebay sale might not get completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom