1986 BJ70 oil amounts??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know how much oil the diffs, tranny, transfercase, and engine take? Thanks in advance!

The gearbox and diff amounts are applicable to all 60 and 70 series with the h55f

Gearbox 4.9 litres
t/case 2.2
front diff 3.0
rear diff 2.5 (may need LSD oil but I dont think the canadian ones are LSD)

The 3B needs about 7.3 litres with a dry fill or 6.7 with a wet fill and oil filter change

Why does the front diff take more? I may be wrong but i thought both diffs on my 60 took 2.5 L?

Why does the front diff take more? I may be wrong but i thought both diffs on my 60 took 2.5 L?

I dont know,I got it from the 60/70 series body chassis manual and I have never bothered to check when refilling.

The 3B needs about 7.3 litres with a dry fill or 6.7 with a wet fill and oil filter change

I own a 1985 3B and a 1987 13BT, the service manual says 7.2 liters for both, I have never been able to get more than 6 liters in them, the dip stick shows full at 6 liters, and I think the filter change is a load of c**p because both my 3B and 13BT have the filters pointed down so the oil runs out of them when shut off, maybe on engines that have the filters the other way you could get more oil in but when I first built my 13BT pan off I put in the 7 liters and the motor was over full. I have not been able to get a good answer so I just fill the engine till it shows full on the dip stick.

Jim

I own a 1985 3B and a 1987 13BT, the service manual says 7.2 liters for both, I have never been able to get more than 6 liters in them, the dip stick shows full at 6 liters, and I think the filter change is a load of c**p because both my 3B and 13BT have the filters pointed down so the oil runs out of them when shut off, maybe on engines that have the filters the other way you could get more oil in but when I first built my 13BT pan off I put in the 7 liters and the motor was over full. I have not been able to get a good answer so I just fill the engine till it shows full on the dip stick.

Jim

My 1HZ uses slightly more than the specified amount for a oil and filter change.

I thought the oil filters were supposed to have a valve to keep them full

Even if the filter is pointed down , it will never fully drain the element is still drenched in oil. and yes they should have a check valve as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom