1985 Toyota Truck FS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some changes at work are forcing me to sell the truck. Below are the specs and please don’t hesitate to email me with any questions you may have.

This is a turn key rock crawler.

85 4x4 pickup regular cab
22re with 167k
5 speed
new fuel injectors
coolant thermo switch
new cold start injector
red top optima
header
new exhaust (including cat)
new fuel pump
new radiator
new TPS
The timing chain and clutch have been replaced as well.

**Also included is a complete compete AC setup that can be used for AC or onboard air.

Drivetrain:
Inchworm dual cases.
BudBuilt crossmember.
Heavy duty lo spline front driveshaft

Axles:
Front- factory 85 with 5.29 gears and Aussie locker, 27 spline Longfield axle shafts.

Rear- IFS rear housing (3” wider and larger brakes), diff armor 5.29 gears with a full Detroit locker (not a ratchet style so no clicking).

Suspension:
Front- rear springs with Bilstein shocks.
Rear- 63" chevys w/3 inch blocks with Bilstein shocks, ubolt flip kit.

**The suspension is nice and flexy and doesn’t sit too high even with the 35s.

Tires/wheels:
15x10 aluminum rims with 35x12.5 MTRS. Two spares included.

Brakes.
Front- they have been upgraded to the V6 calipers and master cylinder.
Rear- stock brakes

Body:
The bed is a tube bed that the previous owner started but didn’t finish. The welds are ok, they could use some cleaning up though. Aluminum tool box in the bed also included. Sliders.
Sliding rear window.

Interior:
Corolla seats, newer carpet, map light, tachometer.

SPARE PARTS: yes there’s a lot...
2 complete set of birfs with one extra ball too
I have a spare block and head that goes with the truck
3 intake manifolds
A few starters
A few alternators
Extra rear spring hangers
Diff armor
An extra rear driveshaft
Spare front shaft
Extra driveshaft flanges
Extra CV for driveshaft
60" high lift
Extra power steering pump and reservoir
Extra throttle bodies
Misc sensor, injectors, fuel pump
Extra AFM
Extra poly bushings for the rear springs

Ill stop there but I know I have a few more odds and ends

Areas that need some attention:
Rear spring hangers need the bushings replaced. they are included, I just didn’t get around to it .
The rear diff leaks from the bottom. not a lot but you get some drops.
The input tranny seal. a 2 dollar seal that everyone overlooks when they change the clutch.
The truck is hard to start in cold weather, that’s why I replaced the cold start injector and sensor. It will start but it cranks a while. I think its fuel pressure related. Once it starts, its fine.
Every once in a while the CEL comes on but goes right back off.

The truck passed inspection with no problems but I never had to have an emission test done. All the emissions stuff is still hooked up so I don’t see why it wouldn’t pass.

This picture I have is older. The pics does not show the real blocks installed so thats why it may look a little saggy in the rear end. The front flares have been taken off, but still have them, and the rear fender also have been taken off, but still have them also. I will get more recent pics up asap.

Truck and extra parts, $4200.

85ToyotaTruck001.jpg

85ToyotaTruck003.jpg

85ToyotaTruck005.jpg

85ToyotaTruck007.jpg

85ToyotaTruck008.jpg

85ToyotaTruck010.jpg

85ToyotaTruck011.jpg

This is about what I am looking for, but location would be a key factor. Let me know where it is.

Sorry but i need to get rid of it and use the money towards a car. thanks though

That looks like an interesting truck for the price.
Looks like there is a bit of surface rust !!
Any thru rust on frame or body ???????

Updated pictures would help..........

thanks.

Last edited:
There is some surface rust. One spot one fixed by the previous owner and im not aware of any other bad spots. As for pics, they are the latest ones I have from about a week or so ago. Are there any others you would be interested in?

There is some surface rust. One spot one fixed by the previous owner and im not aware of any other bad spots.OK thanks !!!! As for pics, they are the latest ones I have from about a week or so ago. OK, I thought you said in the first post that the pictures were older ones. I would like to see any that might show any significant rock rash and the one spot of rust repair..

Also, More pics of the underside and suspension, driveshafts,etc. would be helpful .

Are the twins (T-cases) filled w/ stock gears, or what do you have in there ?????????????

Any driveline noises or vibrations ??????????

Thanks for answering all these issues....

Are there any others you would be interested in?

How far are you from Augusta, GA 30907 ????????

Sorry about the pics mixup. I had one pic when I first posted it that was old. So, the ones one here now are the latest. Sorry

I can get you any pics you would like. Just shoot me your email and i will send them. Just give me some time to take them.

The tcases do have the stock gears.

The only vibrations are from the tires. They arent balanced but actually dont ride that bad. But YES, you will get a vibration from them.

Im looking for Subaru, preferably a WRX.

As for distance, you are about 10.5 hours from me. Im located in Northern Virgina.

If you have any other questions, ask away.
thanks,
donnie

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have too many things going on right now !!!!!

I am waiting to hear from the CPA to see what the IRS situation is this year.

You have a nice truck for the price.

I will contact you for more info if I can swing the $$ after I hear from the CPA.

Thanks....

Thats fine, I understand. I havent taken pics yet. With the little snow storm we got, its been nasty out. I will get you some!!!

Are you interested in a possible trade for a car? Very DD'able 94 SAAB 9000 Aero. Good on gas, plus it is a rocketship on the road. 2.3l turbo 4cyl with a 5-speed manual. It does not have TCS which it highly desired in this model. 125K on the car.

Matt

Are you interested in a possible trade for a car? Very DD'able 94 SAAB 9000 Aero. Good on gas, plus it is a rocketship on the road. 2.3l turbo 4cyl with a 5-speed manual. It does not have TCS which it highly desired in this model. 125K on the car.

Matt

sorry but i found a car. i pick it up on wednesday.

so with that being said, im really looking to get rid of the truck now

Someone make me an offer. I need it gone since I just bought a car!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom