For Sale 1985 Toyota Pickup 4x4....CLEAN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1985 Toyota Pickup 4x4....CLEAN price drop

PRICE REDUCED TO $3400 OBO. I have a LEER cap I'm going to paint to match which will be included. My wife is due with our first child in May, and the 09 Tacoma and 85 toy p/u will be a bit too cramped for the new addition.I had it shipped from CO last year so the body is definitely not an east coast rust bucket. The frame is in excellent shape as well as the cab and the bed (see pics). It had some minor rust on the seams along the bed, but so does everyone eventually. I stripped it down to bare metal and only had to cut a tiny section about 3"x1/2" of rot on either side. The rest was surface rust. I then shot it with high grade epoxy primer and PPG Deltron series base coat and RM clearcoat. The basecoat is Vodoo Blue off of the FJ Cruiser. I also shot the stripe with SEM's flat black kit and had the custom stickers made on the bottom of the doors. You will be hard pressed to find a factory solid axle (or any 84-88 toy P/U) in similar shape on the east coast in my price range.

I replaced the motor with a 22R which has less than 40k since the full rebuild which includes a cam abnd bored .20 over. It is much peppier than a stock 22R, but you're not going to win any races anytime soon. The clutch has less than 20k. The starter is new along with a fresh tuneup and oil change. The 4 wheel drive operates as it should. All the smog equiptment is still intact including the high altitude capacitator (HAC) which is only available on vehicles sold in higher altitude areas such as Colorado. The previous owner had the front differential rebuilt using OEM seals throughout. I have the receipts ($950) to prove this along with the fact that it's dry as a bone around the birfileds. The interior was a bare bones vehicle, but I had scoured the bone yards for factory buckets, an altimeter, clean dash and did the infamous SR5 gauge cluster swap. All the factory gauges work as they should. I also put a factory rubber mat instead of the carpet. I like to refer to it as an SR4. It has all the good stuff the SR5 trucks had, and the positives of the STD packages like manual windows and rubber floor mats. I guess I am a minimalist when it comes to my pickups.

All in all this is a really nice clean survivor. I hate seeing these trucks (as well as any vehicle for that matter) with aftermarket gauges and grant steering wheels with tons of wires spliced and rigged. I wouldn't even think of purchasing a ride like that. The more original the better in my book. The only reason I'm selling is because my wife is due to have our first child in May and I need a SUV. I'm open to trades, BUT they must be either a 4Runner OR a Landcruiser. I'm keeping it in the family.

Looking to get $3800 OBO. Not too much room left to neg. Gotta lot of time in this thing. The vehicle is located in Upper Darby, PA (Philly area).
85 SFA TOY 001.jpg
85 SFA TOY 002.jpg
85 SFA TOY 010.jpg

Last edited:
Love it. Any more pics of the interior? engine pics?

nice truck to see here........

nice. thanks--bummmmpppp.....

exactly what I've been looking for but I want the 22re engine. Keep trying, you'll find a buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom