1985 toyota pickup 3b diesel swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been 3 years in the making, finally coming together

20200630_183229.jpg

20191214_113120.jpg

20180818_112601.jpg

20201012_115150.jpg

20180818_113847.jpg

Couple specs on the build, it has the old man emu heavy duty leaf springs, 2 inch body lift, h55f trans. The donor truck was a rotted out 70 series cruiser I found local with only 120,000km on it, running on the Canadian 12v system. Frame was imported from California. The truck itself is a Canadian truck, with 90,000km on it, it had typical rust and frame and floors were pretty soft. We had to fabricate the transmission mount, and move the driveshaft opening to accommodate the offset rear diff and placement of the transmission. It also has a full fiberglass bed, all stainless brake lines,, we had to make a custom hump to fit the trans but besides that and the land cruiser Guage cluster, the truck appears stock witch is what we wanted

Very nice! With all that you didn't add a turbo?!

It's a great job! Looks like it was meant to be there!

Very nice work. My son and I put an om617 in his 3rd gen pickup but regretted not going the route you chose from very nearly the start. If we did another diesel swap into a pickup we would definitely go with a 3b on the next one. I haven't been to Ontario for a decade or so but that last time I was there, I did not see many old toyotas on the road. Good to see, you have a great looking unit. Will you be daily driving it eventually? Too bad they use so much salt on the roads there.

Very nice work. My son and I put an om617 in his 3rd gen pickup but regretted not going the route you chose from very nearly the start. If we did another diesel swap into a pickup we would definitely go with a 3b on the next one. I haven't been to Ontario for a decade or so but that last time I was there, I did not see many old toyotas on the road. Good to see, you have a great looking unit. Will you be daily driving it eventually? Too bad they use so much salt on the roads there.
I plan on daily driving it till the salt trucks come out, there has been far to much work into it to let her get eaten up by it

Nice job. Are you going to use the OEM filter box ?
Donaldsons make a range of air filters boxes for this type of application if you dont have the original. Have a look at the Powercore and Powerpleat range

Most likely Will be in the future, but for now I'd like to drive it for a season, then go from there

Thats a good idea. Get it up and running on a stock system

Little update after driving it every weekend for the past month, with the 31s on it, and 410 gears I can cruise at 100km per hour at about 1800rmp, it runs really smooth and feels really tight, im very happy with the output of the stock motor

3B rules! :)

====
1984 BJ42 frame-off restored, 4E9 Toyo beige
1983 BJ45 P/UP resto project

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom