1985 pickup ls1 swap (got some questions) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got my 22re out and in the process of removing everything I don't need. This is the first engine swap I've ever done so bare with me... Been researching for a few weeks and I have a pretty good list of what I need to do and buy for this to work. But I Had some questions.
Is there anything from the stock wiring harness that I should keep? Id like to keep the stock gauges but is it possible or would it be easier to build a new cluster with aftermarket gauges. Umm. That's it for now.
Thanks for any help and I'm sure I'll be back with more stuff I can't find.

20160110_155739.jpg

I think that really depends on how much of the LS1 harness you are bringing over.

I think that really depends on how much of the LS1 harness you are bringing over.
I'm trying to use as much as I can for the drive train I'm using. I'm using the stock intake and exhaust, stock ls1 pcm (reflashed). Only things I won't need is the transmission wires and t case wires. I'm using a turbo 350 or 400 Trans with np205 t case. My speedo cable should hook up to these transmissions and my oil temp should also work on the ls1. I'll be running an odb2 diagnostic scanner along with my stock gauges to have a better look at everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom