1985 Landcruiser Stolen (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thank you and thanks for the info we will look into that
When I had just finished my cruiser enough in the shop to drive it I had it scheduled for an alarm installation. I pondered if I should go ahead and start driving it or wait for the alarm. I decided to wait. Once installed I started driving it. 2 nights later the pre alarm warning went off around midnight. It's very loud and likely woke up the neighbors. It is only triggered if someone is messing with it. I also selected a specific led indicator different than in the alarm kit to install that is quite bright that flashes inside when armed. This hopefully gives interested parties a warning to just move on if they look in the window. If anyone has at least a few grand in work on their cruiser, then it's time to look into security. If their is another thief, they will be confused how the cops caught them. And I'm sure you'll have a big grin on your face as they are put in cuffs.

When I had just finished my cruiser enough in the shop to drive it I had it scheduled for an alarm installation. I pondered if I should go ahead and start driving it or wait for the alarm. I decided to wait. Once installed I started driving it. 2 nights later the pre alarm warning went off around midnight. It's very loud and likely woke up the neighbors. It is only triggered if someone is messing with it. I also selected a specific led indicator different than in the alarm kit to install that is quite bright that flashes inside when armed. This hopefully gives interested parties a warning to just move on if they look in the window. If anyone has at least a few grand in work on their cruiser, then it's time to look into security. If their is another thief, they will be confused how the cops caught them. And I'm sure you'll have a big grin on your face as they are put in cuffs.
Thank you! Great ideas! I appreciate them!

Easiest and cheapest kill switch for a 5-3 is A hidden switch to cut power to the fuel pump. Then make it a habit every time you exit the truck To hit the switch

You won’t need a reminder when you get back in. The no start will remind you👍

You could place some explosives in the gas tank area connected to a cell phone. If someone steals your truck you simply call the phone and look for the smoke.

Glad you got it back. Do you think they took it mainly to get the stereo??
Unfortunately, the cops will probably not run the prints, and unless the perp's wreck it, it's just a Joy Riding ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom