1985 Landcruiser Stolen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Suggest posting this in MUD Classifieds, there's a stolen vehicle section.

BTW, often the vehicle will show up eventually. My '93 4-Runner was stolen in Albuquerque a few years ago, late one night a few weeks later we got a call from the Albuquerque police department. It turns out the thieves used it for a crime spree, including an armed robbery of a Taco Bell, then abandoned it in a nearby residential neighborhood, untouched. However, they did leave the handgun used in the robbery, between the drivers seat and the console, so if it's recovered make sure to check for things the police may have overlooked.
Thank you! I am a newbie to IH8MUD so appreciate all of the helpful hints everyone has provided. Very happy you recovered your 4-Runner and that it was returned to you in the same condition although you probably preferred minus a handgun. We are hoping the same for us. We have video tape of the vehicle involved in the heist of our LC but the license plate needs a higher definition view to review. We're thinking our vehicle may have headed south.

Are there any surveillance cameras around your office in downtown Phoenix?
There are and we have footage of a truck we think was involved from our adjacent neighbors. We're contacting others nearby that may also have footage. We are also contacting City of Phoenix Streets and ADOT for their footage. Challenge during these Covid 19 times with availability of people actually in offices to check cameras.

So my son'd Nissan 350z was stolen and then recovered about a week later and dropped off. As we were going through it ewe uncovered lots of tiny packages of cocaine. The police are sometimes lazy about checking things out. Could of been a real nightmare if he was driving and then the drugs were discovered.

I too had my previous 4wd stolen once...i drove to all workshops and car yards within 5km radius and I found it. It was a mechanic from a workshop who had a grudge on his pay being cut as he had damaged the fenders on it. Hope you get your cruiser back 😟

I too had my previous 4wd stolen once...i drove to all workshops and car yards within 5km radius and I found it. It was a mechanic from a workshop who had a grudge on his pay being cut as he had damaged the fenders on it. Hope you get your cruiser back 😟
Thank you!

Beautiful rig, and in the best possible 60 color. I will definitely notice it if I see it on the road and will report.

//checking in from Colorado Springs

Notfied a friend of mine in Flagstaff to be on the lookout, and I will be too in SW CO. Good luck. Can't imagine what you are going through right now. Sounds dumb to stay during times like these about a truck, but I've only had mine for a few years, it's not in near as good a condition as yours and it would break my heart if it was stolen.

There's a special place in hell for those that steal Land Cruisers.

Notfied a friend of mine in Flagstaff to be on the lookout, and I will be too in SW CO. Good luck. Can't imagine what you are going through right now. Sounds dumb to stay during times like these about a truck, but I've only had mine for a few years, it's not in near as good a condition as yours and it would break my heart if it was stolen.

There's a special place in hell for those that steal Land Cruisers.
THANK YOU!!! I've noticed on this blog that there have been a few mid 1980s LC60s stolen from AZ since Nov 2019. Ours was hotwired as those vintage cars did not have all of the anti-theft equip. A suggestion for you would be to install an ignition kill switch and a GPS tracker. We also have a 1970 Cutless Supreme SX convertible which is my husband's first car he bought. (the LC was his first new car) The Cutlass is in mid restoration but will definitely be getting those items installed.

Our 85 Landcruiser was stolen Monday May 4, 2020 around 4:30pm from our office in downtown Phoenix (85004). We purchased this vehicle new and as such it is part of the family. Bronze color photo with AZ historic plates. Recently restored so its shiny and new. If you see it please call the police.

View attachment 2303082
Hello IH8MUD friends

Fantastic News!!
We just recovered our 1985 FJ60! Found by a friend of ours as he took a different route home from an errand. It was literally 3 miles away from our offic.

It is in fine shape with a little damage but in all good news. Thank you all for your watchful eyes and support AND for the hint of getting a ignition kill switch and GPS tracker.

Hello IH8MUD friends

Fantastic News!!
We just recovered our 1985 FJ60! Found by a friend of ours as he took a different route home from an errand. It was literally 3 miles away from our offic.

It is in fine shape with a little damage but in all good news. Thank you all for your watchful eyes and support AND for the hint of getting a ignition kill switch and GPS tracker.
Awesome news. I think this taught a lot of us to be proactive instead of reactive.
🎉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom