1985 land cruiser 73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just found this beautiful vehicle (not mine) in our local market for sale want to share the pictures only

IMG_20230703_231459.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-03-23-10-16-480-edit_com.haraj.app.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-03-23-09-14-506-edit_com.haraj.app.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-03-23-08-50-113-edit_com.haraj.app.jpg

Beautiful! Is that in the UAE? I'm actively shopping for one...

This is not a LJ73 but a BJ73, as it has leaf springs.
Very nice specimen. I wonder whether the color is original from the period.
At least the hood may not be original as it lacks the rests for the fold down windshield.
Any information on the engine?
Cheers Ralf

At least the hood may not be original as it lacks the rests for the fold down windshield.
Cheers Ralf
I meant LC short of land cruiser
Engine is benzin
Over 300000km
Colour I think it's repainted

Cheers Ralf
That ugly green was a quite popular choice for early 7x models in Europe as it was one of the few options available without paying extra . I have had several BJ70,Bj73,BJ75 and even a few LJ's already in that color

That ugly green was a quite popular choice for early 7x models in Europe as it was one of the few options available without paying extra . I have had several BJ70,Bj73,BJ75 and even a few LJ's already in that color
I actually really like that green! I have not owned one in that color. I also like the tan/sand color, which I do have on a couple of vehicles.

I actually really like that green! I have not owned one in that color. I also like the tan/sand color, which I do have on a couple of vehicles.
After owning and driving 70 series for over 30 years now I can say none of the base colors do it for me anymore as the majority of the 70’s sold in the early days where either white,tan or that dirty green . The nice colors like black ,silver, blue metallic and so on costed extra and most 7x owners where buying a utility vehicle and didn’t want to pay for any extras

After owning and driving 70 series for over 30 years now I can say none of the base colors do it for me anymore as the majority of the 70’s sold in the early days where either white,tan or that dirty green . The nice colors like black ,silver, blue metallic and so on costed extra and most 7x owners where buying a utility vehicle and didn’t want to pay for any extras
White is my favorite, but I just acquired Mr. Blue, a 2003 105 in a very interesting dark blue, almost bordering on black. It was a government vehicle for the UAE equivalent for the US Department of Agriculture. I plan first to see if the existing paint can be brought back, if not, it will stay this same dark blue. I have not found the color code for it yet, but if you happen to know...

Here is Mr. Blue along with my Omani diesel 80 in white at PowerTec in Jebel Ali.
1688592423513.jpeg

I've already powdercoated the stock rims in a nice semi-gloss graphite color, with new Kumhos. Mr. Blue is getting new Terrain Tamer springs and bunch of other stuff.

Cheers Ralf

Hello,

Some 73 Series had the windshield rests, some did not.

Most GCC Spec and South America Spec 73 Series did not have rests.

It is likely an LX grade.

It has chrome bumpers but fender flares are missing. The rear bumper is the pre-1990 type. I wonder if it has a 4WD button in the dash.

The rear axle is a full floater, an interesting detail.

This truck could use front hubs.

A very nice Cruiser.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom